Sneaking In (Chapter 7)

Ash's POV

No one believed me. My sword was stolen! Jay literally turned the room upside down looking for Arah, though I kept telling her that the Smash Sisters stole it.

So after dark that following night, I was sneaking in. I wasn't telling anyone, even Gannon who I know wouldn't tell a soul.

Thank gosh we didn't have swords today though. It would've put me on detention for a week. And they know it was my sword anyways.

Somehow a gang of boys wanted to join me. I shrugged and said sure. I knew they weren't from the Smash Sisters; they all looked like they were from first person shooters.

The night before I wrote in my journal.

I swear they're gonna take me hostage with those huge guns!

But I don't think they'd do that.

Would they?

---

10:00 pm. 30 minutes before faculty leaves and lights out.

I slip on my cloak and hat. The pillows under my bed looked exactly how I slept. I would be out of the room before they could find out that I left.

I took an extra dagger from my drawer that my mom had given me for my 12th birthday. I knew this would be handy.

I met Shane, Spike, and Clint in the main hall. They looked very...how do I say this? Bouncy? Bubbly?

"So they stole Arah?"Shane asked.

"Keep it down,"I whispered."Yes. They did. I think the Smash Sisters have something to do with it. And their planning to steal more."

Spike looked at me like I was insane."You sure? Like really, if they wanted them, why would they steal them back?"

Clint shrugged."Maybe they just heard of it the hour after the ceremony."

"What are they planning to do?"Shane asked.

"Open up the portal to the human world,"I explained."Do you know the virus that could spread?"

My boot clanked against the marble. It echoed through the halls. I saw the shadow the shadow of a person in the hallway.

"Get down!"I whispered, hiding behind a wall.

All three of the boys dropped to their stomachs and army crawled towards me.

I groaned."The entrance to the office is right over there. I think we can make it."

I looked around the corner. The person wasn't there. I sighed briefly and ran over to the door. The boys followed.

"It's over there!"I whispered, pointing the trail of blue sparkles on the ground.

"What are you talking about?"Clint squinted at the ground.

Spike slapped him on the head."A characters weapon will tell them where the weapon is if the owner gets separated from it. We learned that in kindergarten."

I rolled my eyes.

We followed the trail until we came to the end of a large hallway. All the lights were off.

I took a deep breath. Time to get Arah back.