For May 16

TBS Imagine

I walk down the street praying to see something nice but of course, cheap. It's Thomas 28th birthday and I'm his best friend. I can't just give him a birthday card when he promised me not to have a Star Wars marathon if a new movie comes out. And believe me, that's the greatest thing he said to me. Next is "Why aren't you fat?" then the famous "Bloody hell, I don't!"

Okay, the last one doesn't make sense but I love the expression he have when he said that. Sometimes I wonder, how did Tasha manage to have a son and this great. I tried to ask her how did she manage to build Thomas in her stomach and she'll just be like, "You want a son like Thomas, ask Tom for one. He'll be happy to comply." Which I will answer with a big fat awkward NO or an awkward laugh.

Well, that will be great. If Thomas see me a little bit more than just being his friend. Me? I love Thomas, since 1738, or 1942. I'm just scared to tell him not because I worry what will happen to our friendship if he refuses to date me, but because I'm scared to humiliate myself.

Atlas! I stopped in front of a store that displays an awesome Death Star shirt. And the best thing is that it cost less than what I am expecting. It's a win-win situation. I know Tom will like the shirt. When does he hate Star Wars anyway? If Dylan has Mets, he has Star Wars.

I bought the shirt and a nice, cute birthday card. I had it gift wrapped too since the party's today and it will start in a couple of hours.

-------

Arriving, Ava greet me with a big smile on her face and a champagne her hand, motioning for me to enter.

"Hi Ava. How are you?" I greeted her with my signature smile that melts everyone's heart. Shut up, that's how my Mom describe it.

"Hi Y/N. Better than ever." She said then notice the small package I have in my hands.

"I think the celebrant will love to see you now." She said pointing at Thomas. He had his back on me, talking to Dylan.

"He's busy." I said then glance around the room.

And in a second, I regret that I did that. I feel out of place. The setting is amazing. There's a Star Wars corner, then the bar is full of bimbos wearing Versace.

I can't help but compare myself. Wonder what I'm wearing? I'm wearing a shirt I bought last year from a Christmas sale and some flats from Payless.

I made a mental note to just give Thomas his gift then off to home I go. I don't want to embarrass him in front of everyone. I look like a mess compared to everyone!

I make my way to Thomas. He's still talking to Dylan when I get there but Dylan ended their conversation the moment he saw me. He just gave me a warm smile, a hello and a hug then he go and find the rest of the gang.

"Hey. You made it." Tom said with his boyish grin.

"Uhmm, yeah. Hi." I said still shy because of my choice of clothing.

"So?" Tom said probably trying to end the awkward silence.

"Happy birthday. Here, but can you please open that later when the party's over?" I said cringing at my own choice of words.

"Oh come on. Give me a big hug!" He said opening his arms. Once again, I obey. I'm an obedient child, you know.

"Are you shy?"

"N-no! I'm just in a hurry. I actually just dropped by to give that." I said lying to Thomas. Don't get me wrong, I feel bad. But I'm broke. I just quit my job. I still need to figure out what do next.

"Yes you are shy. You know you don't have to give me anything." He said still hugging me. I start to feel awkward since I like him and the hug is too long for a friend to friend hug.

"Tom, can you stop now?" I said with a little bit of something in my tone.

"Yeah. Sorry. Can I open this now?" He said giving me the puppy eyes. The puppy eyes! It makes him look like a twelve year old (even though he's already 28).

"I said—"

"But you won't be here to see my reaction when I open it later. I want you to see me!" He whine like the kid he is.

In the end, he still open the gift. I told him not to expect much. In the end, I just saw disappointment in his brown orbs. That's why I don't want him to open my gift yet. I can't give him a Ducati or a Rolex.

I look at his face as he stare at the shirt. I can't take it. I spend hours looking for a gift. The least he can do is hide his disappointment.

"I'm going." I said before he can utter a word. I run straight to the door, bumping on some bimbos in the process. I should've just pretend that I forgot his birthday then wish him happy birthday tomorrow.

I was about to call my sister when I feel a hand on my shoulder.

There stood Thomas, wearing the shirt I gave him, and a worried look on his face.

"You don't have to pretend that you like the shirt." I said irritated.

"Y/N, I love the shirt." He said forcing me to look at him by tilting my face, placing his two fingers below my chin.

"Ha-ha. Welcome." I said sarcastically, "you won't wear it anyway."

"Oh. The face? You gave me the same shirt for my 22nd birthday. Remember? When you said you forgot my birthday and bought a gift last minute. You even blush saying that." He said now with a smirk on his face, "Now I have two, I stare at the shirt to find differences. I want to remember what's the new and what's the 22nd."

Now I feel stupid. How can he remember all that stuff? How can I not know I gave him a Death Star shirt before?!

"You don't even really need to give me gifts anyway." He said now hugging me again.

"That's the least I can do."

"No. Do you even ask me what I want for my birthday?" He said with a little of something clouding in his eyes. I can't recognize the emotion, really.

"A villain role?"

"No, you." He said tightening the hug.

"Sorry if I fall for you. You're just so perfect and all and I don't know but you. You know? Uh, yeah. Thanks." He said.

I started laughing at his lost of words. My shoulders shaking and my eyes damped because of little tears of joy.

"Really?"

"I just thought you should know." He said with a little worry in his voice.

"Don't you worry James Bond villain, I feel the same."