Don't Let Your Guard Down

It's been a few weeks since Luke's brother Jason has shown up. We had to postpone my ceremony because there's too much on Luke's plate, and I understand. Luke stopped having the guards follow me a week ago, but the guards are still kept on high alert. I finish my bowl of cereal and load my bowl in the dishwasher. I decide to find Luke and start to head to his office. Once I reach his office door I knock on it. After a few seconds, Luke says "Come in". I do as told and enter his neat office. He's behind his desk and looks tired. I go over to him and sit on his lap. He puts his free hand around my waist and continues. to work. I stay silent knowing he's busy. 

Luke then says,"I have something to tell you." I look at him a little concerned. Has he spotted Jason?

Luke then says,"I half to leave for a week." I look at him, and my eyes go wide. 

I then say,"I don't want you to go." Luke closes his computer and looks at me. He has an apology in his eyes and sadness. 

Luke then says,"Ember I gotta go. I wish I didn't half to but it's important that I do." I nodded my head knowing this would happen. Luke is an Alpha and he has duties that he has to attend to. 

I then ask,"When do you leave?" 

Luke then said,"Tonight." I nodded my head at his answer. I slid off of Luke's lap and left his office before he could say another word. I sigh and walk to the living room. I lay down on one of the couches, and watch whatever is on. I close my eyes and fall asleep. ***

Dream

I'm in a dark foggy forest, and I feel scared. I look around and try to find someone to help me but I see no one. I then see a figure emerging out of the fog. I get a better look and see Jason. My eyes go wide with fear and I stay frozen in place. Jason is soon only a few feet from me, and I can see an evil smirk on his face. We stare for a moment and I can tell he's Luke, but he looks like an evil Luke.

Jason then says,"So, you thought I wasn't gonna get you did you? Well, you're wrong. Once my little brother leaves I'm gonna get you, and soon enough I'll get his pack." He began to laugh wickedly and I began to run. I screamed for someone to help me and save me, but my voice only echoed in this endless forest. I stopped by a tree and closed my eyes not wanting to be in this nightmare any longer. 

Dream Ends

"Ember!" I flash my eyes open and see Julia. She looks at me concerned. 

I then ask,"What?!" She sighs.

Julia then says,"It's time to say goodbye to Luke." I nod my head and follow Julia to the front door. That dream felt so real. I felt a cold chill go my back, but I brush it off. I reach Luke at the front door and I hug him tightly.

I then say,"I love you." He smiles at my words.

Luke then says,"I love you too Ember. I'll be back soon, OK?" I nod and we hug one last time before he leaves out the front door. After his car pulled out of the driveway and drove away I soon felt exposed. I decided to head to my room. I made my way upstairs and into my room. I lay down on my bed, and I was surprisingly tired from my dream. How odd? I close my eyes wanting this week to pass by fast. ***

I flash my eyes open to the sound of glass breaking. I look around my room and spot my now shattered window. I yank the covers off of me and see a huge man. He smiles wickedly at me and fear filters through me. I can't scream the fear has stolen everything from me. All I can do is watch. I watch the huge man grab something out of his pocket. He walks closer to me and presses a strong smelling rag to my nose. I soon see black dots in my vision and close my eyes.***

I feel like a ton of bricks have been dumped on my head. I open my eye and everything is dizzy at first. I blink a few times, and my eyes adjust. I see bars in front of me. I look to my right and left and I see more bars. I look to the ground and see dirty bloody cement. Where am I? How'd I get here? The memory of last night hit me and I now have an idea where I am. I've been kidnapped by Jason. A few tears leave my eyes and land on my sweat-pants. There's barely any light, and I can't see anyone else. 

I then yell,"Hello?" No one answers and a chill goes down my back. I check my body for any injuries and thankfully I have none. I stand up and walk to the bars. I stupidly try to tug and them but as I suspected nothing happened. I walked back to my warm little corner and put my knees to my chest. I'm scared, but I know Luke will come for me. I sit in the dimly lit cell waiting for my mate. 

A While Later

I've been sitting here for quite some time. I'm thankful that nothing bad has happened yet, but it's also scaring. I wait for something or someone to show up, whether that's Jason or Luke. As I wait for my fate I hear footsteps. My hairs on my legs and hands stand up straight and my fear begins to kick in. The footsteps get louder signaling that whoever is making their way to me is getting closer. A man who has tattoos then appears. He has rippling muscles and a dark cold face. Everything about this man screams danger. He takes a key and sticks it into my cells key hole. He opens my cell and walks in. Without saying anything he grabs my hair and drags me out. He swings me over his shoulder as if I weigh nothing. He begins walking the way he came, away from my cell. We walk past other cells, but it's too dim to see if any other people fill them. We get to a metal door and he it opens. We walk up some stairs and down a few hallways until he stops. We enter a room that smells of death. I'm then dropped onto a cement floor and I groan at the impact. 

A voice then says,"Oh, my darling being dropped on the floor doesn't measure with the pain you're going to endure." I see a figure come into the light, and my heart drops at who it is. It's Jason.