Pack Cermony

2 Weeks Later

I yawn as I wake up from a nice night of sleep. I open my eyes and stare at my ceiling. I sit up and pull my comforter off of me. I walk to my bathroom and look in the mirror. Today is my 18th birthday. On this day March 9th at 10:39 p.m I will be 18 years old, an official adult. I look at my face and wonder if I look any different. I remember when I was only in middle school and thought that this day would never come, but now it's here. So many emotions are racing inside of me, but one stands out sadness. I'm sad because my family isn't here to share it with me. A tear falls on my cheek, and another one follows it. I look at my watery eyes and take in a shaky breath. I wipe away the tears and get myself together. Today I half to be strong. Not only for me, but also for the pack. Today is also the day I'll be excepted into the pack, and then there'll be an after party which will be the celebration of my birthday. I take in a deep breath and shake my emotions out of mind. I close the bathroom door and strip out of my pajamas. I step into the shower and turn on the steaming hot water. I stand in the shower and absorb the heat. I let all of my sadness, stress, and anxiety melt away. I grab the shampoo and begin to shampoo my hair, and I wash my hair. Once I'm all washed up I turn off the soothing water and step out of the shower. I grab a purple towel and wrap it around myself. I walk out of the bathroom and go to my closet. I \pick some comfy sweats and a comfy pink t-shirt. I walk back into the bathroom and changed into my clothes. I grab my brush and brush my hair. Once I'm dressed I walk back to my bed and grab my phone. I lay down in my bed and put my earbuds in. I play the song "Marry You by Bruno Mars". Memories of me and my family singing to the song in the car fill my head. Tears stream down my cheeks and I let them go. I might as well get them out before the ceremony. I cry silently letting tears of sadness come out. The song ends and I pull my earbuds out and take in a deep breath. I wipe away the tears that are left on my cheeks. I get up from my bed and leave my room. I go downstairs and into the kitchen. I grab a protein bar and go over to the table. Only a few people are sitting there, and they pay no attention to me. I eat my bar in silence. I'm a little glad that I'm alone this morning. It'll give me some time to get myself together. I eat my protein bar slowly savoring every bite. When I am done I get up from the table and leave the kitchen. I decide to find Luke, so I make my way to his office. I knock on the door he yells "come in". I enter and I spot Luke sitting at his desk staring intensely at his laptop. I smile at his work face and walk over to his desk. I slide onto Luke's lap, but he doesn't look up from his computer. I clear my throat, and still nothing. I roll my eyes and lean into Luke's face. I connect our lips and Luke's face turns from work to love. He kisses me back and soon were having a full make out. I pull away when I need air. Luke smirks at me when I pull away. 

I then say,"Morning." 

Luke then says,"Morning." Luke stays staring at my face for a moment. His soft brown eyes capturing my eyes. After staring for what seems like forever I shift my gaze to Luke's computer. 

I then ask,"So, what are you working on?" 

Luke then says,"Let's just say I haven't finished my speech for your ceremony." He gives me a nervous smile and frown playfully at him. 

I then Luke,"Luke, my ceremony is today." 

Luke then says,"I know, and I will have it done by the ceremony." I shake my head at him. 

I then say,"You better have that speech done by my ceremony." Luke nods, and I sigh. 

Luke then says,"I can't believe my little mate is going to be 18." I roll my eyes. 

I then say,"18 means nothing to me." That was a lie. My 18th birthday was the specialist birthday in my family, but I pushed the thought out of my head. Luke sensed my sadness and I could tell he was worried.