Missing My Mate

LUKE

I sit in her bedroom, and take in her calming scent. I close my eyes as another tear makes it's way down my cheek. I lost her again. I lost my Ember. I open up my eyes and take in a deep breath trying to calm myself. The night of the attack I tried to find Ember, but I was kept busy by tons of werewolves to fight off. When the fight was over everything looked like a war zone. Glass was shattered every where, blood, and bodies filled the floors. I look down at the faces of many members of my pack. I then spot something that makes me drop to my knees. I find Ember's family lifeless on the floor. Anger and sadness fills me and I bang the floor hard with my fist. A crack soon appeared along with tears. I may of not have known them long, but they were still my mates parents. I get up and then spot Julia also laying lifeless on the floor. I look down at her body and a tear leaves my eye. Since growing up she was like a sister to me. I look around the room, and look for my mate but she's no where to be seen. I was relieved that she wasn't dead, but also concerned about where she was. I soon gather around all of the survivors and sadly only half of my pack is standing. Thankfully Jacob is one of them. After the attack everyone began cleaning up and getting funerals arranged. As most of the pack cleaned up I gathered the rest of my trackers and warriors together. I made phone calls to other packs, and thankfully they were all willing to help us. It's been around 4-3 days and still nothing. I bang my fist on her bed as anger fills me once again. I haven't been the same since the attack. My anger has gotten out of control, and the agony is too much to bare. I will find her. I half to. I take one last deep breath of her scent and make my way out of her room. I close the door and walk down the quiet hallway. I go downstairs and into my office. Once I enter all of the other pack Alpha's and some warriors and trackers stand up. I nod to them all and the meeting begins. 
I then ask,"Any new developments?" Alpha Sam steps forward.

He then says,"My pack trackers got a lead and it leaded to Kansas." Kansas? What would be in Kansas. I walk over to my desk chair and sit down. I put my hand to my chin and I begin to think. Kansas? It then hit me. 

I then ask,"Wait doesn't the leader of rouges have a pack there." 

Jacob then says,"Yes, it's his biggest pack." My eyes widen at that and I begin to think more about this. 

I then ask,"Has anyone else gotten a lead on Kansas." Every one shakes their head. I nod my head. 

I then say,"Alright we'll watch Kansas a little more, anything else?" No one says anything and I can feel my anger rising up. 
I then say,"Meeting dismissed then." Everyone begins to file out of my office, and Jacob walks over to my desk. 
He then says,"Luke were going to find them." I nod my head and sigh. 

I then say,"I know." Jacob pats my back and then leaves me in my office. I put my head in my hands and sigh a very annoyed sigh. We need to find them. I need her to be OK. The dream I had of Ember has been haunting me all day. She said she didn't think she could keep trying. I pound my fist on my desk as anger rises up in me. 
I then say,"No, she has to keep trying. She can't give up." I shake my head to myself and I convince myself that she won't give up. I get up from my office chair and leave my office. I make my way upstairs and go to Ember's room. I open her bedroom door and imminently her scent fills my nose. I close the door behind me and make my way to her bed. I lay down and cover myself up in her scented comforter. I stare up at the ceiling and begin to wonder about Ember. I wonder if she's in pain? I wonder if she's cold or hungry? I sigh because I know that she's not alright. I can feel it. Her wolf is all stirred up and scared. My wolf growls because were not there to protect her. All were doing is working at a desk waiting to her anything about our mate. I take a deep breath of her scent and I try to calm myself. I miss her so much. She means everything to me, I wouldn't be able to live without her. Imagining a world where she doesn't exist is unimaginable. I turn over on my side and look at the empty spot next to me. It makes my heart break, because Ember is suppose to be there to fill it. I close my eyes wanting to find my sweet Ember in my dreams.****

AUTHORS NOTE-(I KNOW THIS WAS A SHORT CHAPTER, BUT I JUST THOUGHT THAT YOU GUYS NEEDED TO KNOW THAT LUKE IS TRYING TO FIND HIS MATE AND DOES MISS HER. I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER AND THAT YOU CONTINUE TO READ MY STORY:)