#7 Nightmares

Naruto POV

After Rasa, his kids and me had eaten dinner I went into the room which Rasa had given me. It had a bed, one little drawer, a big closet and finally one little desk. I went to the big cabinet and put the spare set of clothes I had gotten earlier today into it. I looked through the desk and noticed that there was a little bit of ink and a few sheets of chakra conducting paper in it. After that I put my Kunai and Senbon into the drawer. A short glance at the clock told me that it was almost time for bed, so I took my pajamas and went to search the bathroom. I first knocked at Kankuro's door to ask as if he could tell me where it was, but he wasn't in his room so I went to Temari's door. As I reached forward to knock I heard a little scream and the some rumbling inside of her room. I didn't think twice as I barged through the door but stopped immediately as I realized the situation. Temari laid on the ground in nothing but panties, her legs entangled in a pair of pants that she had previously pulled down. She stared at me and went red as she saw who it was that had rushed into her room. I went red as well and scrambled out of her room as fast as I could, slamming the door shut. “I'm sorry Temari, I didn't mean to, I heard you scream and thought you were in danger, I'm sorry, please forgive me, and don't be mad at me.”, I plead through the door, so fast that one could barely understand it. I heard shuffling in the room and then someone coming to the door. “It's no big deal Naruto, I know you didn't want any of this to happen. So what did you want to talk to me?”, Temari asked through the door, with a calm voice. “I just wanted to know where the bathroom is.”, I mumbled. “What? You have to speak louder if I am to understand you through the door.”, came the voice of the blonde girl. Then she opened the door and looked at me, smiling. “So, what is it?”, she, once again, asked still smiling. “I just wanted to know where the bathroom is.”, I answered silently, looking at the floor. “It's right next door.”, she said laughing, while pointing to the only door other door on her side of the floor. I mumbled a quick thank you and, in order to keep myself from blushing to hard, went immediately into said door.

Temari POV

Once Naruto was in the bathroom I closed my door and changed from the random shirt I had thrown over me into my nightwear. I could help but to blush at the thought that Naruto had seen me topless, even though I knew he didn't mean to it still was embarrassing for me. But the way he behaved after this was what really got me, he seemed so embarrassed and how he ran out of my room and his apologies made him seem so cute. I shook my head, mentally berating myself for such girlish thoughts. One must be strong and independent to survive in the Shinobi world. I threw myself on the bed and closed my eyes.

I woke up in the middle of night. I knew that I had a nightmare, but didn’t know what is was about anymore. I felt incredibly hungry, so I went down to the kitchen to fetch me some sweet chestnuts.

After I had eaten the whole bag, that was left over from dinner, I went up to go back to sleep again. That was when I heard a faint crying noise. In search for the source of that noise I ended up at the door of our guests bedroom, which belonged to Naruto. I was troubled to decide whether I should check on him or if I should just leave him be. But after I heard a silent cry for help, the decision became clear and I carefully opened the door to Naruto’s room. What I saw brought me to the brink of tears; Naruto lay on the floor, next to his bed, shaking. He was mumbling something but i couldn't understand him. I went to him and put my arms around him. “Shh, it’s gonna be okay.”, I mumble, trying to calm him down. He slowly stopped shaking and just silently cried in my arms. I lifted the blonde boy up and put him in his bed. He stirred in his sleep. I watched him as he slept and, as I was sure that he was soundly asleep I went out of his room and finally went to sleep myself.

Naruto POV

I woke up, feeling that I was lying on a bed, which was odd since I recalled that I had fallen asleep on the floor. I got up and went to the bathroom. After I had freshened up I went down to the kitchen. Forgetting where I was, I started preparing breakfast. I went to the fridge and got eggs and bacon. Then I sensed a person standing behind me. “What are you doing?”, came the irritated voice of Gaara from the doorway. I jumped, then remembered where I was and turned around laughing. “I just totally forgot that I was staying at yours.”, I said smiling while grinning at the redhead. “Huh, have fun, I'm going back to bed, after all I want to be well rested for my first training session.”, the jinchuuriki murmured. I smiled at him and then turned to the fridge again. I took the butter and put it next to the eggs and bacon before going through the cabinets to find a frying pan. After I had everything together I begun preparing the eggs and bacon. Then I heard someone coming down the stairs and turned around to see who it was. Eventually Temari entered the kitchen, wearing her normal outfit. “Good morning, Naruto.”, she said while blushing a little. “Good Morning to you too, Temari. Sorry again about yesterday.”, I said, remembering the events of the evening. She smiled at me and went to have a look at what I was cooking. “Looks good, mind sharing?”, she asked, while getting two plates not really leaving me any choice but to agree, which was fine since I had made too much for me alone anyways. After I had put the eggs and bacon on the two small plates Temari went to get some cutlery and we began to eat. I waited until she had her first bite and smiled as I saw her eyes begin to shine with excitement. “This is awesome.”, she murmured before continuing to eat.

“Naruto, this was the best breakfast I have eaten in quite a while.”, Temari exclaimed smiling after finishing her plate. “Thanks, it's nothing special.”, I said while putting the used dinnerware into the sink. “It really was great, thank you. Go get ready for training, I'm going to clean up.”, Temari insisted. I nodded my thanks and went into my room to get my gear ready.