#19 Busted

Naruto POV

I walked into the room, my hands inside my pockets and looked around. Most of my fellow Genins and our teacher looked at me slightly worried while Temari and Gaara just looked at me puzzled. "What did you do?", Temari asked after I had sat down next to her. "I passed.", I said sheepishly. "You know what she means. We felt the explosion.", Gaara replied before Temari could. "Yeah, I might have destroyed one of the walls from the room.", I grinned scratching my head. Temari's eyes went wide. "You what? How did you do that?", she basically screamed at me. "I may have shown the instructors the power of my Rasenshuriken.", I smiled. Temari and Gaara looked at me shocked since they knew that this was an S-Rank jutsu, but the rest of the new Genins just looked at me puzzled before going back to whatever they were doing. Temari just shook her head at me and then looked over the chatting Genin. Gaara didn't say anything and returned to staring at the ceiling. "Eighteen from us have made it.", Temari murmured. "Yeah, that means six new Genin-teams in Suna's forces.", I said making her realize that she had thought out loud. She grinned at me and then turned to the door as she heard someone opening it. In came the three examiners. They went to the front and gave our sensei a pile of papers before smiling at the class and disappearing in three clouds of sand. The teacher looked at the papers and then went through the rows giving the papers to the students. When I got mine I quickly read it and smiled. "Looks like we and Gaara are a team.", I whispered to Temari grinning. "Attention everyone, your respective Senseis will be here shortly, they will take it from here. Good luck to all of you and may Kami always smile upon you.", the teacher said before taking his bag and going to the door. As soon as he went out of the room the new Genins started chatting loudly in the groups of three that they had been assigned to, not noticing the swirl of sand that had appeared in front of them. As the Kazekage stepped out of said sand-whirlwind he looked at the chatting children in front of him smiling, before looking at us grinning. He lifted his hands into a single hand sign and suddenly everyone talking tasted sand on their tongues. They looked to the front and their eyes went wide realizing who stood there.

"Congratulations to you all on becoming shinobi of Sunagakure. As you know I am the Kazekage, I am the one who will give you missions. Now that your Senseis are finally here they will explain the rest to you.", he said while the door opened, revealing a group of five men and women. "Naruto, Temari, Gaara, you will come with me.", he said, going towards the group of Shinobi. The five looked at us awkwardly before making way for Rasa and us. "Meet you guys in my office.", Rasa said before disappearing in a cloud of smoke. Gaara looked at us and we disappeared simultaneously in a cloud of sand.

"As you know I will not be your sensei. That is Baki's job once he is back from his mission. I expect you three to continue with your training and not to slack off. Once your sensei is back you will get your first mission. Now I would like to speak with Naruto alone.", Rasa said making Temari and Gaara leave his office but not before giving me a worried look. "Don't worry, I'll find you after we are finished.", I said grinning. As soon as the door closed Rasa's look turned angry. "Why do I keep getting reports from Baki that apparently there were two kids also looking for the same man just last week?", he asked me, his voice dangerously calm. I turned pale, before sighing and closing my eyes. "We may have used the time you gave us to finish what we couldn't end.", I said silently, expecting Rasa to explode. "Why?", he asked surprisingly calm. "Temari was going to leave with or without me and try to find the Anbu, so I decided that it would be best if I would accompany her to ensure that nothing would happen to her. We used the first two days to find, interrogate and kill the Anbu before we headed towards the spa we told you about.", I explained keeping my gaze at the floor. "So you're telling me that I have sent a squad of my best Anbu and your sensei after a dead man?", he asked with an even calmer voice. "Yes. I'm sorry, we disobeyed your orders.", I said finally having the courage to look at the Kazekage. He was smiling slightly as if he thought of this situation as funny. "Well, at least it worked out. I'll write Baki that he can return, so you can start with the missions. But just one warning: One more incident of you not following my orders and you will be punished. Am I clear?", he asked with a stern voice. "Yes. Very clear.", I replied, bowed and left the office. I sighed when I left his office. I knew that Gaara and Temari would ask why Rasa wanted to talk to me alone. As soon as I entered the house I have come to call home, the two siblings looked at me demanding an explanation. "It was about our trip last week.", I said to Temari. "How did he know?", she asked knowing that her father probably asked about us hunting the Anbu. "Baki and his squad came across some of the same people that we had asked for information.", I explained. "Okay, I officially don't understand anything anymore. Can you please explain?", Gaara interrupted with a questioning look. "We may have hunted down the Anbu that killed Kankuro.", Temari admitted. Gaara's eyes widened in realization. "What did the Kazekage say?", Temari asked me in a worries tone. "If we get caught disobeying him again, then we will have to face the consequences. For now he just warned me. He will tell Baki that he can come back, so our training will probably start in the next days.", I relayed the words of the villages leader. "Okay. I'll go to Kankuro's grave. Wanna come along?", Gaara asked while heading to the door. "Yeah sure.", Temari said "Yeah sounds good, I was planning on heading there later anyway.", I stated smiling and we left the house.