#64 Rescue

Naruto POV

Temari and I smiled, looking over the compound, where our new place was being built. We had agreed on a large bungalow in the front of the plot, while the backyard was occupied with two small buildings and a large training ground. One of the buildings is going to be a small hotspring which would be modelled after the Namikaze spa. The other building Temari wanted to be a small researching room.

After Temari had agreed to move in with me, we had hired the same building company that had built the Namikaze spa. Their designer was very good and we had agreed on a design in the first few hours. With the blueprint in hand we went to one of the top interior decorators in Suna to hire him for the interior.

Now, a month later, the foundation for our small compound has been laid and the construction workers were beginning to build the walls.

My girlfriend smiled at me and gave me a quick kiss. "It is going to be wonderful.", she whispered, while dreamingly looking back down on the construction site. "Yeah it will be.", I answered, pulling her closer to myself, watching the sun go down behind the great walls of Sunagakure. "Let's go.", I said, pulling Temari with me, towards our current home.

I was woken up by an Anbu appearing next to our bed. "The Kazekage needs you at once.", he stated, before disappearing again. I woke Temari up and we jumped out of bed, throwing our clothes on and looking through our gear to see if everything was ready. Temari then took my hand and I teleported us into Rasa's office. Baki and Gaara arrived shortly after us, completing our team. We looked at the Kazekage, who was looking at us with sad eyes. "You four are to go to Konoha immediately, Orochimaru has attacked again and has taken Tsunade Senju captive. You are to recover the Hokage, preferably alive, and to kill Orochimaru. Sasuke Uchiha was seen with him, he will be an optional target. If you can, bring him back to Konoha, dead or alive. Although the Hokage has highest priority. Go.", the Kazekage said, with stern voice. We nodded and Baki looked at me with one question in his eyes. I just nodded and held out my hand, while taking a hiraishin kunai into my other hand. a second later, Gaara and Baki had put their hands on top of mine and Temari's and a flash enveloped us.

We arrived at the Hokage Monument in a bright flash, drawing the attention from many people, including an Anbu squad, that immediately jumped in front of us, weapons drawn. "Calm down, we are sent to help you get your Hokage back.", Baki argued, holding his hands up. The Anbu saw our headbands and nodded. They then motioned us to follow them and went towards the Hokage's office. As we entered, we saw Jiraiya sitting in the Hokage's chair with another team of Anbu in front of him. He was a bit surprised to see us, before he went back to his serious mode. "Alright, I had hoped that Rasa would send some of his own Anbu, but alright. Inu, take your squad and head out, take Tora and his squad with you. These guys would just slow you down.", he said with a look at us. The four Anbu vanished and left us with an angry Jiraiya. "You know, I asked Rasa for his best squad. And he sends me a retired Anbu and three kids.", the sanin said with disappointed voice. I wondered why he was so rude and aggressive towards us, when he didn't know our abilities. Then again it must seem a bit odd to see Baki along with a sixteen year old girl, a thirteen year old boy and another boy who is only twelve years old. "Well, you don't seem to know all too much about me and my team. Officially I am retired, but I still am the head of the Kazekage's guard. And my team may be young, but they are the team that the Kazekage takes with him if he has to go out of the village.", our team leader said. While it was true that we were on the Kazekage's guard we had only went on one diplomatic mission with him, so Baki was exaggerating a bit. We, of course, didn't say anything. Baki was currently in a stare off against Jiraiya and surprisingly the Hokage lost it, when he looked down on his papers. "Alright, if you really are as good as you say you are, then go and try to catch up to the Anbu I just sent out. They are headed east. We don't know the exact location of Orochimaru's base but he took Tsunade that way.", Jiraiya said, obviously still doubting our abilities.

I grinned and held out my hand, stunning Jiraiya when a yellow flash made us disappear. We reappeared at the eastern gate and with a quick look at each other, we took off, racing after the Anbu.

While we were running I summoned Akira, who immediately grew to her battle size and followed us on the ground. After ten minutes we saw the Anbu jumping through the forest in front of us. They had already detected us and looked at us with wide eyes. "You know, that you should not invest too much strength to catch up to us, after all we don't want to have to protect you while we fight Orochimaru.", Inu said, without slowing down. "Don't worry about us, we won't get out of breath that easily.", I answered with a grin. Kakashi remained silent after that his sharingan staring into the forest in front of us.

"We are close.", came the voice of a guy, who was the only guy that wasn't wearing a mask. He only had a metal headpiece frame his face. I recognized him as Yamato. We dropped down to the ground where Akira joined us, drawing confused looks from the Anbu. "She is a summon.", I whispered earning nods from the others. We remained silent as we searched the area where the sensor had detected Tsunade's chakra signature. Then there was a loud explosion and Orochimaru along with Sasuke and Kabuto, who was carrying an unconscious Tsunade jumped out of the hideout in the ground. The explosion had hit three of the Anbu with full force and they were lying on the ground, not moving. When the dust had settled the battle lines were drawn, Orochimaru and Sasuke against Kakashi, Neko, Tora, Yamato, Ushi and my team.