Chapter 3

(Y/N P

(Y/N P.O.V)
"Okay, we're ready," Sal said into the walkie-talkie.

A few minutes later, Larry's voice come through "the cops should be outta there by now"

Sal and I both sprang up and ran, as casually as we could, to room 403. We glanced around making sure nobody was coming, then we both quickly darted into the room, closing the door quietly behind us.

(Sals P.O.V) (Finally, a P.O.V change)
Me and (y/n) both stood in shock, looking at the room in front of us. Blood was splattered everywhere. on the floor, walls, couch, even the table, it was everywhere.

I heard a gag come from beside me and I looked at (y/n) with worry. "You okay?" I asked, she only nodded a tiny bit.

I felt like I should've been more upset by this, I mean, someone died here. Maybe it was because we were here for a reason, or maybe it was because I didn't really know this woman at all. I slowly started to look around the room without touching anything.

A few minutes later, I noticed (y/n) staring at the table beside the couch. It really stood out in the dull room because of those colourful ponies on top of it.

"Doesn't Charley have ponies like these?" She said while pointing at them.

I was only in the dudes' room a few times, but I could remember his room vividly. He was collecting those ponies like an obsessed four year old. "Yeah, he has a lot of them, why?" I asked walking closer to her.

"This table is covered in blood, along with those ponies. But, in between those two," she pointed at the green pony and orange one, "the spot is clean. To me, it looks like another pony should definitely be there," she said as she looked at me, "and there's only one other person in this apartment building who loves those ponies."

I looked at her, smiling under my prosthetic. "You," I hugged her without even realizing, "are a fucking genius." I only noticed I was hugging her when I felt her slowly hug me back. I quickly pulled away from the hug, feeling a bit embarrassed. She didn't seem bothered though, so that's good.

"Come on, we need to tell Larry what we found," I said as we both walked towards the door.

(Y/N P.O.V)
I know it was just a friendly hug, but I couldn't help but feel a few butterflies in my stomach when he hugged me.

Pushing my thoughts aside, I focused on our task. Explaining to Larry what we found. We explained everything to him, how I saw the pony missing and that Charley is the only other person who collects them.

"Mrs. Sanderson must've got a rare one or something that the fattie had to have," Larry said when we finished explaining everything to him.

"What are we going to do now? We can't just barge in and accuse him" I said to them.

"From the short time I've been around Charley, I figured out that he loves Addison tea, I don't know why though, the stuff tastes like shit, but the adults love it," Larry said to us as he sat on his bed.