Chapter 44

I've decided to update every other week, but make the chapters longer than usual. It works better for me to do this, so I hope you understand!

Also, once again thanks for all the votes, reads and lovely comments! <3

(Y/n P.O.V)
My hands are sweating and I feel lightheaded. Moments seem to take hours, time seems to have almost stopped completely. The air is tense and nothing can be heard until he finally said the words I've been dreading.

"I call to the stand (y/n) (l/n)"

I took a deep breath and made my way to the stand. I could feel everyone's eyes on me as I walked by. Some looked on with anger, some with pity. I remained standing.

"Please raise your right hand" I raised my hand as I glanced around the room.

"Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?"

"I do" The man nodded and I sat down.

I only ever thought I'd be saying 'I do' at my wedding. Not at my boyfriends trial.

I looked around once more as the prosecutor gathered his papers together in front of him. Travis was in the front row smirking at me, and Maple was a row behind glaring at me, with Ash sitting next to her. A few others were seated on the opposite side. Larry was sitting behind Maple, he gave a sad smile when I looked at him.

I finally made eye contact with Sal, who had a look of sorrow in his eyes. His now scruffy hair covered a lot of his face and his orange prison jumpsuit was ripped in a few spots.

I forgave Sal a while ago for what he did. That wasn't him that murder all of those people, he wasn't in his own mind when he did it. All he needs is proper help and he will be fine. I just need to get the court to understand that too.

(I'm sorry in advance, I have no idea how courts work or what questions they typically ask)

"Miss (l/n), you were Mr, Fisher's girlfriend at the time of the murders, correct?"

"Yes. I still am his girlfriend" he raised his huge purple eyebrow at me.

"You still consider yourself his girlfriend, even after what he has done?"

"Yes, I do. That wasn't him that murdered all those people. He wasn't in his own mind-"

"Objection, your Honour. That is not related to the question that was asked" someone said, I wasn't quite sure who.

The judge agreed when the person and my answer was disregarded.

"Miss (l/n), were you present on the night that Mr, Fisher committed these murders?"

"Yes, I was with him that night"

"Can you please explain to me what you witnessed that night?"

I looked over at Sal for a second, he nodded at me, as if to reassure me that this is the right thing to do and that he would be fine. I gulped and nodded my head.

"Yes, I will explain"

I took another deep breath and looked at the prosecutor once again.

~~~
"Sal! Please stop!" Larry and I ran after him as he approached Todd's old apartment room.

"Please! Just listen to us!"

Sal pulled open the door and entered the room.

"Salllly Face. Have you seen our little Todd around? We need to talk to himmm." Janis spoke as Sal stood in front of her. Ray was laying on the couch, his head on her lap.