Chapter 40

I can't believe it's New Year's Eve already. Does anyone have any New Years resolutions?

Also, thanks for over 100k reads!

(Y/N P.O.V)
Since we were on the fourth floor, we all decided to go visit our parents first. Sal and Larry walked into room 402 while I continued to 401, I knocked on the door while I let myself in, just to let my parents know I was there.

"(Y/n), is that you?" My mom yelled from the living room.

"No, it's a robber who has the key to the door"

I walked into the living room, my mom and dad were sitting on the couch watching the news. My mom got up and pulled me into a hug.

"I missed you so much!" She squeezed me as she hugged me.

"Mom, I was here like a week ago" I laughed as she let go of me.

"I know, but I still missed you"

"We both missed you," my dad said from the couch.

After talking to my parents for a bit, Sal texted me that he and Larry were waiting for me.

"Alright, I'm gonna get going" I stood up and gave my mom and dad a hug.

We said our goodbyes and I let the apartment, Sal and Larry were waiting for me by room 403. The doorknob was taken off the door and the frame of the door was beaten up. The door was also opened a tiny bit.

"(Y/n)! We got free dinner!" Larry yelled as I walked towards them.

"Free food?!" Larry and I started jumping around excitedly.

"What the hell is wrong with you guys?" Sal shook his head as he watched us.

I laughed as we walked into 403. The room was dark except for the light from the window. Mr. Sanderson was standing in the middle of the room staring down at the floor.

"Oh, sorry. We didn't realize anyone was here" Sal said and Mr. Sanderson looked up at us.

"Mr. Sanderson?" Larry questioned.

"Hi, Larry. I was just saying goodbye to Sandy..."

"Saying goodbye?" Larry raised an eyebrow.

"I'm leaving Nockfell tonight. I just... I need to leave this place"

"It's understandable, man. You've been through a lot" Sal and I stood to the side, and let Larry do the talking.

"Have you... this may sound a bit odd, but have either of you seen my wife around? I don't know if you believe in ghosts... I guess I was just hoping I could speak to her once more."

"No, we haven't seen her lately. Sorry" Sal shook his head.

"Right. Well, perhaps she's in a better place now. I hope that she is. Sandy didn't deserve this. Oh, God. Would you do me a favour and just give me a moment alone here?"

"Sure, Mr. Sanderson. That's no problem. Let us know if you need anything" Larry said and we left the room.

"I feel like we shouldn't have left him alone. He didn't seem okay" I said with a sigh.

"Sometimes people just need to be alone" Larry shrugged and we walked into room 404.

The room had a weird red tint to it, on the floor there appeared to be a broken security camera along with a tape. Sadly, the tape appeared to be broken.

Sal took out the pocket knife and put the film back into the tape.

Everything glitched out and we were back in front of the TV.