Chapter 34

(Y/N P.O.V)
We all met up in the basement, all of us except Sal were very confused.

"What's going on? Sal, what did you see? Is Ashely alright?" Todd kept questioning him with wide eyes.

"Everything is going to be okay. Come to help me with this"

We walked over to the end of the hall, and we pushed a shelf that was blocking the door.

"No one has used this apartment in a long time. It's in rough shape but Addison can't afford the renovations it needs. Just like the fifth floor" Larry said.

"Is this what you saw in your vision, Sal?" Todd questioned.

"It doesn't work exactly like that. It's more like a feeling of heightened intuition. (Y/n) knows what I mean" he looked at me and I nodded.

"I almost forgot that happens to both of you." Todd said, "Alright, you lead the way. Larry, (y/n) and I will offer support, however, we can"

The door was locked, but Mrs. Packerton had the key. Sal unlocked the door and we all stepped inside.

"There's nothing in here," I said with a sigh.

"Give me a minute to look around," Sal said.

It took a few minutes, but eventually, Sal found a bit of torn up carpet. When the carpet was pulled back it revealed a trap door.

"Duuude" Larry said as he stared at the floor.

"There must be an undocumented sub-basement level," Todd said.

"Why wouldn't they document it though?" I questioned and everyone just shrugged.

"It's definitely not in any of the blueprints that I've seen. Perhaps an old dirt cellar or something" Todd said with confusion in his voice.

"I had no idea this was here," Larry said with equal confusion in his voice.

"The third key from Mrs. Packertons fits it this door. Ash must be down there. It's the only place that chute could lead to" Sal said as he used the key on the lock.

The trapdoor creaked open to reveal stairs. We all slowly walked down them.

When we got to the bottom we all look around with wide eyes. The whole place looked like some sort of dungeon or something.

"Whelp, this looks bad," Larry said from behind me.

"Incredible. This architecture must date back multiple centuries, at least" Todd said while looking around.

"Centuries of blood and demon worship. This is freaky as hell" I could tell Larry was scared from his voice. I think all of us are scared at this point.

"Everything is coated in a thick layer of dust, which likely means the area is presently vacant and has been for a while. Let's hope that the malevolent history of this place remains in the past"

"Yeah. Well.. we need to get through that gate somehow" I said while gesturing towards it.

"There appears to be an absence of any obvious mechanisms to move the large gate. They must be built into the walls. It's likely that the apparatus for opening the gate is hidden"

"We better split up and search the room," Sal said and we all agreed.

Sal and I walked around together, the first thing we noticed was a leather book with a picture of a goats head on the cover, it's written in another language and smells rotten.

Sal decided to take out his super gearboy, and it lit up beside a lamp. He pressed the button and the light of the lap turned green.

"Intriguing. These green lights seem to be a part of a larger system. Once activated, their energy is transferred into the floor below. Additionally, they must be harnessing the same type of energy as the Super Gearboy emits since you were able to trigger them with it" Todd spoke from beside us.

"What do you think that means?" I questioned him.

"To be honest, I'm not totally sure. This technology isn't like anything I've dealt with before. However, it is likely that these things were used for something supernatural. Perhaps even to summon the Red-Eyed Demon"

"It's a good thing the cult isn't around anymore... the demon too. After we find Ash we should smash everything anyways, just in case" Sal said and I nodded.

"Actually, id like to study some of these things further. It may prove useful in some way"

Sal and I walked away from Todd, I now had a headache from his advanced speaking.

We walked to the other side of the room, I grabbed a lightbulb that was at the end of the room and placed it back onto the holder. There was another book, this one had a bird symbol on it.

Sal activated the other light and the floor shook a bit.

"Dude, those little obelisk thingys just got bigger!" Larry yelled.

We walked over and sal pulled one of the levers, causing the symbol on the floor to turn.

It took a few minutes but we eventually figured out the puzzle after a lot of lever pulling. Once the symbol lined up, a button emerged from the ground. When I stepped on it the gate opened, but when I stepped off it closed again.

"Dude! What, are you trying to give me a heart attack? That scared the shit out of me!" Larry yelled from the other side of the room.

"Sorry. We got the gate open for a second but that switch won't stay down" I explained while pointing at it.

"Todd, can you come stand in this? Larry, (y/n) and I can go find Ash while you make sure we don't get locked in" Sal said and Todd nodded.

"Sure, I can do that" he walked over and stood on the button.

"Ready?" Sal asked Larry and I.

"No. But ash is in there somewhere, so let's go" Larry said.

"Be safe. I don't want to lose anyone else down here" Todd said with a shaky voice.

The three of us walked past the gate and into the dimly lit room.

~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! <3