Chapter 41

I somehow managed to get a scratch on my new phone that I've had for just over two weeks, just gonna go cry a bit.
(I'll be over it in a few days I gotta be dramatic for a bit tho 😭)

(Y/N P.O.V)
We ended up searching around the temple for over two hours, we didn't find anything out of the ordinary. Just the usual temple stuff that every apartment complex has lying around underneath it.

"Something bad is coming. I don't know what or when, but I can feel it" Larry said as we stood outside of the temple doors.

"You May be right. I'll fill Todd in when he's home and we can come over later tonight with his gadgets"

"Okay. When is he out of class?" Larry questioned.

"He should be out by now" I shrugged and Larry nodded.

"(Y/n) and I are supposed to meet up with Ash though, remember?" Sal said.

Suddenly, I remembered that we were going to go meet up with her. Through all this ghost hunting and teeth finding I completely forgot about it.

"Oh, right. You should bring her along"

"That's probably not a great idea. She hasn't been around paranormal stuff for a while now" I said and Larry nodded.

"That's true. Last time she tagged along things didn't go too well. Man, that was like a year ago now. Seems like every year just goes by faster and faster."

"They definitely do. Also, don't forget that we're all getting together for dinner tomorrow night" Sal said to Larry, who once again nodded.

"Heh. How could I forget? Between you, (y/n) and Ash, I've got about a thousand texts about it"

Sal and I parted ways with Larry once we left the temple.

"Larry seemed a bit down today. He wasn't his usual self" I said as we walked down the sidewalk. Sal took my hand in his and gave it a small squeeze.

"I'm sure he's fine. He'd tell us if something was bothering him"

I nodded and we continued on in a comfortable silence. As we got closer to the house, I saw Ash's motorcycle parked out front.

The front door opened as we got closer and Ash dramatically ran towards us.

"Sal! (Y/n)!" She gave us both a hug.

"Hey, Ashley" Sal chuckled as she let go of him.

"I'm so excited to see you both! I've missed you so much!"

"We missed you too, Ash," Sal said causing Ash's smile to widen.

"You cut your hair. I love it!"

"Thanks, (y/n). It's easier for riding. I see Sal also changed his hair" She motioned to Sals currently very messy hair.

"Oh, yeah. I guess" Sal shrugged.

"Looks rad! Though, I do kind of miss the pigtails!" Sal laughed a tiny bit.

After talking for a bit, we decided to go to Wendigo Lake. (Every time I see the word Wendigo, I can't help but think of Until Dawn.) We somehow managed to fit all three of us into the motorcycle, which probably isn't legal to do. Sal forced me to wear his helmet after a lot of arguing. Ash apologized a million times for not being able to bring a third helmet, but Sal assured her it was fine.