Night Out

"She asked you to what?" Paige asks in disbelief. "W-Well what did you say!"

"I said no." I let out a sad sigh. Before she said anything I tried to explain myself. "I didn't want to ruin their thing, you know they're like brothers, in and out of the ring. Plus they just got here!"

"Aj, you've been talking about making the diva's division better, be more noticed! This could've been it." She was right, and I did think about it.

"Well Stephanie gave me till next week to see if I would change my mind about it, I'm going to talk to Roman and the guys and see how they feel." She nodded agreeing with me.

"Trust me, I know Seth he'll be okay with it. You're a cool chick." She smiled. I forget that she's known Seth for a couple of years since they're both in NXT, well Seth not so much now.

I heard a knock at the door. "Must be them." I mumbled walking towards the door. I opened the door to see Roman and apparently two teenage boys chasing each other in the hallway.

"I told you two to quit it!" Roman said raising his voice. I laughed more than I should have. "You guys should come in before you two get me in trouble."
.
.
"We should order some food and drinks." Paige suggested since we were running out of beers. "I'll do it." Seth said picking up the hotel phone.

Dean laid on my bed sleeping like it was his own room. "He's actually kind of cute when he's asleep." I told Roman. "He's like a little kid most of the time, it's adorable."

I looked over at Seth and Paige looking at the hotel's menu. They'd be cute as a couple.

"You okay? You look a little upset." Roman whispered to me. I thought about what I was going to say, the worse they could say was no, right?

"I'm fine, just a work thing. I had a meeting today." I started. I took a deep breath before going on. "Which I wanted to talk to you guys about."

Roman nodded, telling me to go on. "Stephanie wants me to join the shield." I whispered.

"WHAT?" He yelled. "I-I said no!" I didn't expect for him to yell at all.

"Wait- woah why? I just trying to scare you there." He chuckled. "Why wouldn't you want to join?"

"Join what?" Seth asked sitting next to me.

My heartbeat quickened, I was starting to panic. My hands were clammy, my breathing quickened as well. Relax Aj..

What if they didn't accept me, what if they hated me for it? What if they used me like all the others? I was starting to overthink everything before I started to freak out I heard Roman's voice.

"Aj?" Roman asked as I snapped out of my thoughts. Dean was awake now staring at me with those blue eyes of his. "Yeah?" I finally answered, still meeting Dean's stare. "Everything okay love?" Paige put her arm around me, I looked at her and gave her a smile. "Yeah, just thinking that's all."

"We'd we love for you to join-"Roman started. "But what about your-" I was interrupted.

"Question is, do you want to join?" Seth asked handing Dean a beer. "It seems like you're the one making excuses." Roman looked at Dean for an answer. "If she wants to join, she can. You two don't really let me make decisions here." He shrugged his shoulders.

"I wouldn't have to wear any SWAT gear right?" I joked. "Nah, you got this cute thing going for you." Dean said taking a sip of his beer. Did Dean Ambrose call me cute?

I couldn't help but blush, its been awhile since I've been called something positive. "Aw, Dean you made her blush." Paige pointed out. Gee, thanks. "Yeah Yeah." he mumbled.

As time passed we talked about cool ideas the shield could do for the diva's department. We even talked about Paige coming to main roster soon, we'd have to convince Stephanie or her husband for that to happen.

It got late and we decided to call it a night. "So we'll meet up at Vince's office and talk more about it yeah?" Seth hugged me. "Of course!"

Dean gave me a half smile before leaving, and here I thought I wasn't going to be accepted. Maybe this could be fun.

I happily waved goodbye to my new team, my new friends