Sharky Boshaw x M!Deputy

It was a surprisingly slow night for Sharky and the Deputy. They had spent the majority of the afternoon freeing hostages and clearing some roadblocks. Both Sharky and the Deputy expected Jacob to send his men after them but so far, not one hunter has showed up and Jacob hasn't taunted the Deputy over the radio like he usually does.

Both the men were on edge - more so than usual, but tried to keep their cool lest they scare each other. They sat silently in the bed of the Deputies truck and watched as animals passed by them.

"What do you plan on doing after all this is over?" Sharky finally spoke.

The Deputy shrugged his shoulders and answered with a sigh, "Try to live as normally as I can, I guess. What about you?"

Sharky fumbled with his shoelaces and shrugged his shoulders also. He wasn't sure how to answer that, mainly because he didn't expect the Deputy to turn the question back on him after answering. What is someone supposed to do after events like this? Pretend it never happened? Attend group therapy with the whole county and make false promises to one another saying you will help rebuild the community? The citizens of Hope County were strong, but not strong enough to put this all behind them.

"You don't know what you're going to do.. do you?" The Deputy asked

"Probably wind up in jail," Sharky murmured as he slipped his hoodie up over his head and tossed it inside the truck, "Y'know, the murders and the fires I've started."

"You think I'm going to arrest you once this is over with?" He asked and Sharky nodded his head, "If I arrested you I wouldn't get to spend my days drinking with you. It'd be lonely."

A smile tugged at the edges of Sharky's mouth and he lightly nudged the Deputy with his elbow, "Ain't gettin' all sappy on me, are you Dep?"

The Deputy chuckled and nudged Sharky back. He knew Rook probably meant what he said in a friendship kind of way but he couldn't help the fluttering of his heart as the words played on repeat in his head and the Deputy keeping his arm up against Sharky longer than he probably intended to sent chills up and down his spine. He had to stop himself from leaning over and kissing him on the spot.

Sharky stood to his feet and hopped out of the truck bed. The Deputy furrowed his brows and sat up straight, "Wait, where ya goin'?"

Sharky ran his hand through his hair then turned to face the Deputy and took a deep breath. He couldn't bring himself to lie to the Deputy, they've shared a lot with each other - more than Sharky ever thought he could share with a complete stranger. Maybe that's why he's fallen head over heels for the man fighting cultist alongside him.

"Is something bothering you?" The Deputy asked as he hopped out of the truck bed, "You've been kinda distant. Did I do something wrong?"

Now or never, Sharky thought. His heart beat a million miles per hour as he slowly approached the Deputy. He had to do this, who knows what will happen to either one of them in the morning or even in just a couple of minutes? Jacob's men could ambush them at any second and Sharky could die without ever telling the Deputy he has fallen head over heels in love with him.

"I don't think you understand what you do to me," Sharky said, a little louder than he had intended.

"What?" The Deputy asked, "What are you talking about?"

"You kinda maybe.. uh.. make my chest hurt.. In a good way! I've been meaning to tell you this - really, I have. But I couldn't bring myself to because I don't even know if you like me in the way I like you and I didn't want to make a fool of myself and-"

Sharky stopped in his tracks once he noticed the Deputy holding back a laugh. His whole body went numb then what he could only describe as pins being stuck into his side brought him back to a reality he wanted to escape from.

"You just can't take a hint, can you?" The Deputy asked and watched as Sharky turned white as a ghost, "I've been dropping hints that I like you, even Grace has noticed and tried to let you know!"

"Wait, really?" Sharky asked.

"Yes!" The Deputy shouted and laughed, "I've never been so desperate for another mans attention in my life!"

Sharky couldn't believe what he was hearing. The most beautiful man he's ever seen in his life actually had feelings towards him? The man he's been basically obsessing over was desperate for his attention?

He scratched at the back of his neck and looked down at the Deputies feet, "So.. what do we do about it?"

"This is the part where one of us asks the other out," The Deputy answered.

Sharky cringed, he was never good at that, "Can't we just agree that we're dating without going through the awkwardness of one of us asking the other out?"

The Deputy nodded and chuckled as he grabbed Sharky's sweaty palms, "Deal."