Sharky Boshaw x Deputy

Requested (On Tumblr) :

"What do you have to lose?" Hurk asked after taking a swig of his beer.

"A lot," Sharky answered slowly, "It could ruin our friendship.. and they'd probably kill me."

Hurk furrowed his brows, "Kill you?" He asked and Sharky nodded, "That's a bit extreme. But, if they did kill you, they're not the person you want to be with."

"How would I be with them if they killed me?" Sharky asked, "That.. that doesn't make sense."

"Look, nothing makes sense anymore. Fucking Peggies took over, there's dead bodies on the sides of the roads and brain dead fucks people call angels. You could die tomorrow without letting the Deputy know how you feel. Is that how you wanna go? Do you really wanna die before you man up and admit how you feel towards them?"

Sharky sighed and looked back towards the lake where the Deputy was stationed trying to catch some fish for Cheeseburger. He agreed with Hurk completely. Nothing made sense. For fucks sake, the Deputy has a cougar and a bear fighting alongside them.

Hurk was sure the Deputy shared the same feelings towards Sharky. They just had to. Often times, Hurk would catch them mindlessly flirting with each other and getting a little too touchy for his liking -- he had to step in on two occasions to remind them that he was right there and they had cultist to kill.

But Sharky -- bless his soul, was clueless. He would shrug it off and chalk it up to the Deputy just being friendly and thankful that someone was by their side to save their ass when they needed it.

"You're right," Sharky said with a nod, "I'm gonna do it."

"That's the spirit!" Hurk cheered a little louder than he had intended to which caught the Deputies attention, "They're looking, go do it before it's too late."

Sharky cleared his throat and pulled at the collar of his hoodie, "I didn't mean right now. I have to think of what to say."

"Come on, man!" Hurk groaned, "What if you died right this second? Go. Do. It. Now."

"At least let me plan on how to tell them. I want to make it sort of sweet. You know me, romantic and shit."

"If you don't tell them within the next two days I'm going to do it and it won't be romantic. Understood?"

Sharky nodded and let out a sigh of relief, "It's a deal."