"Are you cold?" Jacob x Deputy

please read a/n at the end 🥺👉🏻👈🏻

The leaves crunched underneath Jacob and Rook's feet as they entered the wooded area. Judges along with Cheeseburger, Peaches and Boomer followed behind of them. It was the first time Jacob allowed Rook's furry little companions to come along with them on patrol and he was already regretting it. Rook's companions had turned his fearsome judges into their playmates.

Jacob kept a close eye on the Deputy. Even though they had sworn their loyalty to The Project after Eli's death, he wasn't convinced it was sincere. He was sure they were just trying to get information to relay to the Whitetail Militia. Nevertheless, he decided to give them chance as per his younger brothers orders.

A few Resistance Members were spotted not far from where they were but so far, they weren't seeing anything but Jacob's soldiers were sure they seen about five people stalking the premises.

Jacob stopped in his tracks without warning causing the Deputy to run straight into his back. He looked over his shoulder and the Deputy mumbled an apology as they crossed their arms over their chest tighter.

Rook leaned against the tree they had stopped by and watched as Peaches pounced on one of the judges. Jacob shook his head, how could a big cat, a giant bear, and a small dog turn his judges soft? He was going to have to do more vigorous training with them after this.

The wind began to pick up and Rook shivered. A storm was coming and by what they have heard, it was going to be a big one. The change in the temperature was sudden. Montana weather was unpredictable but most people were able to adapt to it quickly, that is, except for Rook.

Jacob looked around for any signs that would indicate that The Resistance members had been here or or were nearby. Jacob felt a large animal crash into the back of his leg causing him to nearly fall over. One of his Judges was now wrestling with Boomer and was losing.

"Can you control your animals?" Jacob asked and looked down at the Deputy sitting on the ground, "this isn't playtime."

Rook rolled their eyes and patted their hands against their thighs. Boomer looked in the direction of the Deputy and removed his mouth from around the Judges throat and trotted over to his human.

"They're just playing," Rook said and snuggled closer to Boomer, "you don't let your Judges play?"

"No," Jacob snapped, "they have no time for play. They train, eat, sleep and kill. That's it."

"That's not a fun life," Rook stated with a frown.

Jacob ignored their remark and continued looking around their surroundings. Rook rummaged through their brown bag looking for the jacket they were sure they brought but it was nowhere to be found. Jacob was always in a rush and gave the Deputy no time to pack extra supplies.

Rook pulled their old worn out shirt over their knees and slipped their arms into their shirt. It wasn't much but it blocked out some of the wind. Jacob turned and looked down at the Deputy. He tried not to laugh as he looked over them. They looked so ridiculous.

"Are you cold?" Jacob asked and the Deputy nodded, slightly embarrassed. Jacob sighed and slipped his jacket off and tossed it to the Deputy, "that should keep you warm."

Rook was shocked to say the least. Jacob wasn't going to call them weak? He wasn't going to tell the story of him and Miller for the thousandth time? Rook grinned and slipped the jacket onto their body.

"Thanks," they mumbled and stood to their feet, "didn't know you had a heart."

Jacob glanced over the Deputy, his jacket was like a dress on them. He had to admit— to himself of course, that they looked pretty adorable.

"Don't say I never did anything for ya'."

A/N: wow ok i didn't have the screenshots for the last part so i had to try and remember what i wrote as i went 😅. anyways, thank you to everyone who is still reading this and voting on the chapters!! i didn't know the fandom was still somewhat active. i'm still taking requests for fc5, and also thinking of writing some oneshots & headcanons for anonymous & the specop guys!!

my twt & ig are @/ salemsdottir if anyone wants to follow and be updated on my writing and stuff 🥺👉🏻👈🏻