Night Terrors.

Rook was used to during random hours of the night from Jacob jerking violently in his sleep, occasionally kicking her either in the back or her shin.

Jacob never went into much detail of his night terrors. The first time they shared a bed he just warned her that he suffered from night terrors and he may move around a lot or wake up suddenly and for them not to worry. Rook didn't know much about night terrors but she had a pretty good idea of what they were, or so she thought.

Tonight was especially difficult for the both of them. Rook was exhausted from training all day and was looking forward to a good restful nights sleep but with the stress that was weighing heavily on Jacob's shoulders and the frequent nightmares, neither of them would be getting a good nights sleep.

Rook looked at the clock on the nightstand, she had been lying in bed for two hours constantly moving to escape Jacob's violent kicks. Finally she found a position where she was somewhat comfortable and out of harms reach.

The sound of a train humming in the distance mixed with the air conditioner kicking in lulled Rook into a light sleep. She felt as if she was slowly sinking into the mattress as comfort enveloped her body.

Just before she hit the deep sleep stage, Jacob bolted up in bed with a shout causing Rook to do the same. She looked around the room for any potential danger but seen nothing. Then it clicked in her head.

Hesitantly, she placed her hand on Jacob's shoulder and shook him lightly to get his attention. Jacob reacted quickly, elbowing her in the face with all his strength and she fell backwards off the bed.

"What the hell, Jacob?!" she shouted as she brought her hand up to her nose, "It's just me!"

Jacob stared down at the floor where the voice was coming from and reality hit him. He rushed to where his wife was sitting on the floor trying to stop the blood that was pouring out of her nose.

"Didn't I tell you not to do that?!" Jacob asked through heavy breaths

"No, you forgot to mention that," Rook rolled her eyes as she stood to her feet and made her way to the small bathroom connected to their shared bedroom, "it would have been nice if you did, though!"

Jacob grabbed the toilet paper before she could and ripped off a couple of pieces and removed her hand from her nose. He lightly pressed the toilet paper against her nose and tilted her head forward so the blood didn't run down the back of her throat.

After the bleeding had come to a halt Jacob tossed the toilet paper into the toilet and looked at the damage. Her nose was crooked and definitely broken and her eye was beginning to bruise. Guilt washed over him and he pulled her close to his chest.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled into her messy hair and kissed the top of her head.

Rook looked up at him and shook her head, "you don't have to apologize. I should have known better, I wasn't thinking."

Rook was already picturing the speculative glances she would receive from Jacob's soldiers when she heads to training in the morning.

A/N: very old oneshot, but i wanted to get it posted. it's one i'm proud of. i'll be updating again with another oneshot then i'm not sure where to go from there with this. i'm not sure how active the fc5 fandom is anymore, but if it's still active, i'll take requests!!

also, maybe follow me on twitter for updates? 😊 // @/salemsdottir