"How long has it been since you've slept?" Joseph Seed x F!Deputy

Requested | Tumblr: onlyyou-jacob

3:47 AM.

Rook glanced at the red digits on the table side clock and sighed. Joseph had promised he would come to bed soon. She ran her hand over the empty spot beside of her, swearing it was colder than it has ever been.

As Rook made her way to their shared bedroom door she could hear Joseph's soft voice. He stumbled over his words and repeated the same sentences over and over again.

"Joseph?" She asked

"Why aren't you asleep?" He asked as he turned to her, "It's 3 AM, go back to bed."

The bags under his eyes were more prominent than they had ever been and he was barely able to keep his eyes open. Rook walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"How long has it been since you've slept?" She asked

Joseph shrugged as he stared down at the papers before him. If a 20 minute nap at the kitchen table counted as a nights rest, then the last time he slept was 4 hours ago.

Rook let go of his waist and picked up the papers from the table. She glanced over them then smiled at him, "Why are you obsessing over this Sunday's sermon? No matter what, they're going to love it."

"It just doesn't feel right," He gestured to the papers in her hand, "Maybe I've said all I need to."

"No you haven't, you still have much to preach and this is perfect. It touches on many of the issues your children are facing, they will love it.. I promise."

Joseph smiled weakly at the Deputy. He knew she was right, his children took every word he said to heart and lived by it. Joseph grabbed the Deputies hand and pulled her close, "I don't know what I did to deserve you but whatever it was, I'm glad I did it."