Jacob Seed x M!Deputy

A/N ; I usually take requests on Tumblr but if anyone on here wants to request something please don't hesitate! <333 Also trying to keep my one-shots short. Hope you guys don't mind!

~ * ~

Jacob Seed. The Soldier. The man, the myth and the legend. The guy who owned wolves, the man who went through hell and lived to tell the story. He was tough, nothing could break him.

That was until the man himself had caught Acute Bronchitis.

He was usually good when it came to avoiding germs. He knew the signs and symptoms and was able to detect illness in someone before they even began showing symptoms.

How he contracted Bronchitis was a mystery to him.

His head ached to high Heavens, he couldn't speak a full sentence without almost coughing up a lung. Sleep? It was a distant memory to him. He hasn't been able to sleep in days because of this dreadful virus.

"Jacob," A familiar voice called lowly from behind him. He turned in his chair and smiled weakly at the Deputy, "What are you doing out of bed?"

"Just finishing some things up," Jacob answered. He tried to sound as normal and healthy as possible while holding in a cough.

The Deputy walked over to his desk and looked down at the papers before him. He shook his head and sighed, "You can work on these some other time. If you don't rest, you won't get better."

"I'm fine," Jacob mumbled, "I'll get some rest after I finish these up."

"No," The Deputy wrapped his hands around the arms of Jacob's office chair and pulled it away from his desk, "You will march your ass into that bedroom and rest for at least an hour. Please?"

Jacob stared up at the man. He was ready to argue against his demands. He was fine, really. The stress of not getting his work done on top of this damned virus he caught hindered his body from properly fighting it off.

Maybe he was lying to himself. He was too weak to argue with the man before him. And he had to admit, sleep sounded so so good right now.

"You're right," Jacob sighed, "Guess Joseph is just going to have to wait."

The Deputy smiled and kissed the top of his head while taking Jacob's hand in his, "Good. Now, go lay down. I got things covered. A good soldier needs to be healthy before he can fight."

Times like these made Jacob wonder just how in the world he got his hands on someone who cared so much for him. He learned not to question it and just accept that this perfect human being loved him, despite all his flaws and shortcomings.