No one ever does!

Chapter Three

The Next Day....

No one ever does!

Ashley POV

It was currently lunchtime and I was peacefully heading towards the partly empty lunch area.

I managed to buy my lunch then I found an unoccupied table in the canteen, since most students were sitting in groups while others were just trying to find a quiet spot.

I took a seat at the table and I started to eat my lunch which was a cheese hamburger with fries on the side.

When I popped out my smartphone, I went scrolling through Instagram while I took a drink from my bottle of water.

My Father scolded me for riding my bike to school yesterday and now he's giving me a personal chauffeur.

The driver is supposed to escort me to and from school, each day until I graduated.

"Hey, Ashley." A voice interrupted me.

I looked up from my lunch and I saw Chase approaching my table. He gave me a warm smile as he took a seat beside me.

"Are you okay?" He questioned as if he was concerned and I nodded while he stared at me.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I raised a eyebrow at him.

He chuckled.

"Well." He started and I realized he was just trying to start a conversation.

"You seemed a bit lost just minutes ago." He told me while he ruffled his hair and I slightly chuckled.

"Well, maybe I am okay and maybe I am not." I said as I slowly brought my face closer to his, in a teasing way. 

"Okay, I guess I can work with that." He smirked as he also came closer to my face.

"I am just a girl with mysteries, you know." I winked at him before I brought my eyes to his lips as I watched him chuckle.

We were just inches apart when we heard someone clearing their throat and I pulled away in boredom.

Then we both turned to see no other than that asshole raising a brow at us and I predicted, he's looking for trouble...

"Oh, Tyson, I didn't see you there, bro." Chase said as he relaxed in his chair and I looked between them.

So, Chase is afraid of him?

"Mason is looking for you." The ass...I meant Tyson informed Chase with his hands in his pockets.

"Okay." Chase said as he stood up from his seat then he looked at me.

"Bye, Ashley." He slightly taps my shoulder and I looked at him with a nod.

"Bye, Chase." I flashed him a million dollar smile and he started to walk away.

"So you got one of my friends falling for you. Wow, ain't that something." Tyson chuckled as he shook his head and I scoffed.

"Can't you be less annoying for once?" I groaned at his presence while I took up my belongings from the table.

"At least I am not stupid enough to fall for a girl like you." He informed me and I rolled my eyes.

"Of course, I am too much for you to manage, big boy." With that I flashed him a wink and I slowly exited the canteen.

*********

The school bell rang and it was finally time for me to head home.

I stood up from my seat and I exited the classroom with the crowd of students then I walked in the busy hallway.