The Detective?

Chapter Fifteen

The Detective?

Ashley POV

The boys and I were standing on the outside of a grocery store while waiting on Noah.

"Can someone go tell Noah to hurry up." Scott groans while looking around at us.

"Shit...guys...the Detective who arrested us the other night is heading our way." I heard Chase saying as he lowered his head.

"Let's shift." Tyson said.

"How did you guys get arrested?" I asked Chase while they slowly started to scatter among the street to blend with the citizens on the sidewalks.

"We got into a small street fight with some thugs and accidentally crashed a store nearby, but he released us with a warning to stay off the streets within school hours." He told me while he turned to walk away with Tyson.

"And since we had a free session, we wouldn't want him to see us wandering around in town, because he would start investigating us." Tyson added as he pulled his hoodie over his head.

I glanced in the direction of the Detective and I discovered it was Detective Johnson.

Then my breathing slightly arch in my chest as I watched him coming up the street with his hands in his pockets while he slowly looked around.

I knew the Detective from back home, but I didn't know the reason why he's currently in this town...

"You guys can go, I know him." I said and Tyson narrowed his eyes at me along with Chase.

"We deserve an explanation whenever we get home." Tyson informed me before he continued to walk away with Chase and I realized the others were nowhere in sight.

I curiously turned my attention to the Detective as I stood by the alley next to the grocery store and I waited for him to encounter me on the sidewalk.

When he got closer, he looked twice before he stared at me and I waved to him then he looked around before he started to approach me with a smile.

"Ashley Sky...It's a surprise seeing you in this city." He told me as he straightened his brown trench coat.

"I'm currently living here now." I confirmed with a nod.

"With your parents?" He questioned with hint of curiosity on his face.

I nodded.

"Oh, so why did you move all the way here, to Los Angeles?" He asked while he crossed his hands over his chest.

"You're supposed to know the reason, Detective, you helped me with the case." I recalled while I pointed a finger at him.

I had many reasons why I moved to this city, but the main reason relies on my psycho ex-boyfriend who's currently spending a lifetime in jail.

"Oh...with that boy, Timmy?" He exhaled a deep breath and I slowly nodded.

"So, what are you doing here?" I decided to inquire while I motioned my head to him.

"I was reassigned to the Police department here, to investigate a case relating to some uprising gangs in schools." He claimed while he glanced down the sidewalk.

"Gangs?" I muttered too loud and he looked at me with a nod.

"Do you know of any?" He questioned while he stared at me and I stared at him as well.

"No...how would I know of any gang?" I slightly chuckled as I lied.

"Well, you mostly tend to hang around with school gangs, back home with your brother Justin." He reminded me while looking disappointed at his point.