Old Friends?

Chapter Eighteen

Old Friends?

One week later...

Ashley POV

I jogged downstairs as soon as I heard my Father's voice.

I entered the living room and I saw my Father sitting in the sofa with my Step-mother while Tyson's Mom was sitting in the sofa chair.

"Dad." I greeted my father and he stood up with a smile.

I approached him with a bone crushing hug.

"I missed you too, princess." He said while he playfully ruffled my hair and I smiled.

"I guess we should go now." I heard my stepmother saying and I looked at her as she stood up from the sofa.

"She just had to spoil the moment?" I muttered to myself as I broke the hug.

"I'm guessing this is goodbye, Ashley." Mrs. King smiled, sadly as she spread her hands for me to hug her and I chuckled.

"I can always visit once in a while." I suggested as I went to hug her and she pat my back while we hugged.

"You're going home, huh?" I heard Tyson asking and I slowly broke the hug then I turned to see him entering the living room.

"Yeah, I will see you at school." I told him as I ran a hand through my hair.

He simply nodded with his hands in his pockets.

**********

"Ashley!" I heard a familiar voice as I continued to walk towards the Principal office to give an apology letter after my two weeks suspension.

I slowly turned around and I saw Chloe, one of my dearest best friends from back home, approaching me in the school's hallway.

She had dark brown hair which falls below her shoulders and hazel eyes with slight freckles on her cheeks.

She smiled as she pulled me into a small hug..."What are you doing here?" I asked, completely shocked by her presence.

"My parents and I moved here three weeks ago, but I started this school last week." She informed me while slowly pulling away.

"I can't believe this." I slightly chuckled as I touched my forehead.

"I'm not the only one who moved here too." She said as she slowly pulled me aside to the lockers while students walked past.

"Guess who?" She gave me a playful smile and I stared at her with a questioning expression.

"Lexi and Chad." She told me with a nod and my heart skipped a beat as I leaned against the locker.

Lexi is my other best friend from our hometown and she's actually a wild child though she tends to play the role of being innocent.

Chad on the other hand...

He was my old crush in junior high and he was actually one of those antisocial popular kid, so we never got to exchange conversations.

"Ashley." Chloe suddenly interrupted my thoughts as she pat me on the shoulder and I looked at her, blankly.

"Huh?" I nervously chuckled.

"You were stuck in your little world, up here." She playfully pointed to my head.

I exhaled a deep breath.

"I just can't believe Chad is here." I admitted as I looked down the hallway while running a hand through my hair.