Bad in Love - Part 1!

Chapter Twenty Three

Bad in Love - Part 1!

{A/n - Change in POV - Ashley's other hometown best friend}

Lexi POV

I sat on an empty chair at the table in the dining room.

Soon after, I saw my Mom entering the room while carrying our separated plates of breakfast in a tray.

She placed my plate before me on the table then she quietly sat down with her plate.

"Are you okay, my sugar?" She questioned my silence while staring at me.

I nodded.

"Yes, Mom." I smiled at her while we held hands at the table.

She spoke a small prayer then we both started to eat in silence.

"You didn't get into any trouble at school with the girls, right?" She curiously knitted her perfectly shaved eyebrows at me.

"Nope, we're currently trouble free." I hoped as I pointed my fork at her and she scoffed.

"Currently." She highlighted the word while leaning back in her chair and I giggled in agreement.

"Mom...I love you." I told her with a cheeky smile as I stared at her beautiful face.

"I love you too, my baby." She playfully stroked my nose with a smile on her face then she continued to eat.

My Mother is a fashion designer and she has always been an independent lady, plus she works quite hard for both of us, so she will always be my role model.

My father left us behind when I was five years old, even though he was supposed to get married to my Mother, but she ended up finding out he was a total disgrace.

The day before their wedding ceremony, my Mom somehow discovered that my Father already had a wife along with a child and she decided to call off the wedding.

Every since the wedding ceremony was canceled, my Father disappeared completely from our lives.

My Mother was clearly devastated since she loved him, but she somehow managed to get over the situation when she came to realization that I was growing into a teenager.

"Lexi...eat up." She snapped her fingers at me and I returned from my gaze as I looked at my plate.

"You're getting late for school." I heard her saying.

I nodded.

**********

After I parked my car in an empty space inside the school's parking lot, I slowly applied light makeup onto my face while staring into the rear view mirror.

I looked at my lips while sliding my tongue over my teeth.

Then I exited my car with my bag hanging from my arm and my phone in my hand.

I clicked the car alarm before I walked in my pair of high heels towards the school building.

When I entered the building, I saw a random group of geeks in the hallway; the assembled group always tends to drool over me for unknown reasons.

I sighed to myself since I didn't want to be rude.

After I silently walked past them, I realized the group started to follow me throughout the halls.

It was a bit surprising to me since they normally would gaze at me from a distance when I walk by.

However, I went to my locker in silence and I chose the specific books for my class after placing my phone into my bag.