Bad In Love - Part 2!

Twenty Five

Bad in Love - Part 2!

{A/n - Change in POV - The continuation of Chapter Twenty Three - Bad In Love - Part 1}

Mason POV

After school was dismissed, I decided to check out the address on the note which Lexi wrote for me.

I parked my bike beside the sidewalk of the written address and I removed my helmet while looking at the house.

I placed the helmet on my bike and I grabbed the keys before examining the serene neighborhood as I approached the front porch of the house.

I knocked on the front door.

Soon after, a Lady appeared at the door way and I took a step backwards. She examined me from head to toe with narrowed eyes and her appearance seemed like the older version of Lexi.

"How can I help you?"

"Is Lexi home?" I cleared my throat before speaking and she curiously stared at me.

"Are you my daughter's boyfriend by any chance?" She asked while leaning against the door frame.

"No." I chuckled at her question and she rolled her eyes before she glanced behind her.

"But, you're so young...young and dear lord...but, so naive." She exhaled a breath as she touched my hoodie and I continued to chuckle at her first impression.

She was definitely Lexi Mother...

"Mom?" I suddenly heard a familiar voice shouting from inside the house.

"Lexi...your boyfriend is here to see you." The lady shouted back before looking at me with a genuine smile.

"What?" I heard Lexi yelling and I watched as she appeared at the entrance beside her Mother.

Her eyes widened as soon as she saw me standing on her porch and I motioned my brows at her in silence.

"I didn't catch your name, my love." Her Mother recalled with a smile and Lexi raised an eyebrow at her.

"Mason Summers." I introduced myself while extending a hand and she slowly nodded while she took my hand.

"And you attend the same school as my daughter, right?" She questioned as she continues to shake my hand.

I nodded.

"So, what future occupation are you aiming for?" She released my hand as she crossed her hands underneath her chest and Lexi slightly groaned.

"I'm actually aiming to be a Lawyer or Therapist, one day." I admitted for the first time in my life while I caressed the back of my neck.

My bros have no idea, I wanted to be a Lawyer since I was a kid and I chose to keep it to myself since I'm apart of a gang, ironically.

Lexi stared at me.

"That's great, my love and I hope you achieve your goals." Her Mom smiled at me while nodding with sparks in her eyes.

I nodded in agreement.

"Well, I'll leave you two kids alone and if you need anything I will be in the kitchen...waiting." Her Mother playfully tapped her finger on my nose before walking away from the door.

I smiled, cheeky, a bit unsure of what she really meant to say...

"Mom!" Lexi groaned while watching her Mother walk away.

"Come inside." She said, awkwardly as she diverted her attention to me.

I stepped into the house while spinning my keys around my index and I watched as Lexi closed the door behind me. Then she grabbed my arm and we went upstairs in silence.