Potentially Problematic

Waking up in the infirmary my dad was beside me. "Dad?" I attempted to sit up.

Placing his hand on my shoulder my dad pushed me gently back down. "Rose. Take it easy." My dad grabbed my hand.

Furrowing my eyebrows I frowned. "Dad? What happened?" I felt my heart pick up.

"During dinner, you passed out. Four brought you here." My dad closed his eyes. "I think you need to get checked out by Jeanine's doctors." He suggested.

I shook my head. "No thanks. I'm just hungry dad." I felt my stomach growl.

"That doesn't explain why your nose was bleeding." My dad looked at me. "The same thing happened to.." my dad tried to say.

I felt my eyes fill with tears. "To mom? I'm not dying dad." I defended myself. "Where is Eric?" I closed my eyes trying to get him to drop the subject.

"He is taking care of some things for me. Stop trying to change the subject Rose." My dad demanded. "If you are sick, maybe we can catch it early.."

Leaning back a tear rolled down my cheek. "Dad! I just want Eric." I gasped for air unable to breathe anymore.

Looking down my dad was hurt. "Fine. I'll go get him. We are going to finish this talk later." My dad walked out of the room.

Making sure I was alone I started crying my eyes out. What if my dad is right? I don't want to find out I have a ticking time bomb in my head.

I would rather die not knowing.

Would I?

I don't want to die at all.

Hearing the doors open Eric ran in. "Rose! Are you alright?" He asked sitting beside me.

I slowly nodded. "Can we Please, go home?" Tears ran down my cheeks.

Eric placed his hands on my face wiping my tears. "Yeah. Let's go home." Nodding he stood up and kissed my forehead taking me into his arms while heading for the door.

"Wait!" The nurse shouted at Eric.

Eric turned around rolling his eyes. "Shut the hell up." He warned her. As fast as he could Eric took me home.

Eric opened the door and laid me down in our bed. Joining me in the bed Eric laid his head on my chest, listening to my heartbeat.

"What do you want to eat?" Eric looked at me.

Looking up at the roof I ran my hand over Eric's cheek. "Surprise me." I asked when someone knocked on the door.

Eric rolled his eyes. "Be right back." He kissed my cheek before going to open the door.

Closing my eyes I felt my heart pick up. What am I going to do? There has to be someone here in Dauntless who can do some tests for me. Jeanine can not see my brain at any cost.

I am Divergent after all.

The only one in existence to receive each of the five factions as a result on my aptitude test.

"Hey, Babe. Tori is here. I'm going to tell her to come in, I gotta start cooking for you." Eric turned around and my best girl walked in.