In too Deep

A/N

Heeeeeey Everyone, I know I usually put my Authors note at the end but I wanted to say... Sorry I did publish this chapter already but I really wasn't happy with it so I did change it drastically. While trying to keep some of it the same, considering the word count was so high.. But I had to trust my gut and fix it up. Sooo please let me know what you all think! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your feedback! This is one of my favorite stories so I really hope you enjoy (:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day I woke up earlier than usual, going on an early run throughout the entire Dauntless Compound. "Rose." Four stopped me on my way back home.

Pulling me inside his loft I saw Tris sitting up on his bed. "I see you two finally shared your feelings." I smirked.

Four shook his head. "Tris was attacked last night. They tried to throw her off the Chasm." Four confided in me.

"Just like George.." I closed my eyes and walked to Tris looking at her. "Are you alright?" I asked her.

Tris nodded. "Fine, thanks to Four." She smiled.

I licked my lips. "Any ideas as to who did this?" I asked.

Four nodded. "The only face I saw was Al's." He shrugged.

Tris stood up. "It was Peter and his friends." She crossed her arms. Looking at her I raised an eyebrow. "I don't have proof, and I know you can't do anything about it. I am just telling you. I know that Peter and you are close, you should know the person Peter really is." She shook her head.

Looking down I shrugged. "I know the type of person he is, you just don't understand yet." I walked over to her. "The thing about being Divergent is you feel everything, you care more. You are in control of the person you are. When you're not Divergent, it's difficult. You either are kind and sweet, or cruel and honest. Your faction determines the kind of person you're supposed to be. There is no in-between."

Tris shook her head. "That doesn't explain why you can do horrible things." Tris looked down shaking her head.

"I know it doesn't. Not even one bit, and I am not trying to make any excuses for anyone. Honestly, them attacking you showed their cowardice. You have to be strong to make it in Dauntless. Everyone is out to get you here, take it from me. I am the strongest in Dauntless and I still have people here who would hurt me. Well, they would attempt it at least." I placed my hands on Tris's shoulders. "I know the person you are Tris. You are going to make it. I know it." I reassured her.

Tris smiled at me. "What about Stage two? How did you get past without being caught?" She asked.

Dropping my hands I sighed. "I actually didn't know I was Divergent until stage 2. You have to think like a Dauntless. You can't just say I know it's real and snap out of it. I had help from my leader at the time his name was Gabe, he was like an older brother to me. He let me into his mind and showed me what I needed to do." I looked to Four. "But sharing Fears isn't something people just do." I advised.

Four nodded. "Ill help her." Four smiled and volunteered walking over.

"I thought you would say that. Congrats Tris, no one has ever made Four so cheerful." I tapped my best friend's chest. "I should get back home but I am really happy your okay Tris." I winked walking out of the room.

Tris laughed. "How is she so cool?" I heard her ask as I shut the door.

As I rushed home Eric was still sleeping peacefully. Grabbing my clothes I took a long shower scrubbing away all my worries. Taking my time I let the warm water run down my body, why did I just defend Peter like that? I am not allowed to pick favorites.