Distance.

Eric stared at me in shock. "Are you have to be kidding Rose?" He stepped away from me. Running his hands over his face he gasped. "Of course, now it all makes sense, how you were the best of the best. You are nothing but a cheat."

"Excuse me?" I was taken aback. "I worked my ass off my whole life to get where I am today, just because I have multiple sides of who I am doesn't mean anything. I am still me Eric, I'm still the girl you fell in love with." Tears rolled down my cheeks. "Just Brave, Smart, Kind, Honest, and Selfless."

Eric shook his head. "You are a threat to the system." He said.

"I am not a threat." I laughed. "I protect and defend the system every day. Don't treat me like I am just some ticking time bomb" I wiped away my tears. "Are you going to tell Jeanine and my dad?" I asked.

Eric took a deep breath. "I don't know. We have been together for years and you have kept this huge secret from me." He began pacing back and forth.

Nodding I shrugged. "I wanted to tell you. I was just scared that you would stop loving me." I frowned. "Like you are right now."

"I still love you Rose... I just.. Need some time. I won't tell anyone... I promise you, I guess I just didn't know you as well as I thought I did." He sighed.

I took a deep breath. "I'm sorry if I hurt you, I never wanted to. I just needed you to know before I could agree to marry you. I love you so much Eric." I reached out for him.

Turning his face he looked away. "I love you too." He looked down at me. "No more secrets, you hear me?"

Wrapping my arms around him, I rested my head on his chest. "No more." I let out a breath of relief. Later that night, I was fast asleep with my head on Eric's chest. Little did I know that blonde-haired boy couldn't sleep, his mind helplessly jumped from one thought to another. Gently pushing my head off his chest Eric turned around and moved as far away from me as possible.

By the time I had woken up, the bed was empty. Sitting up I felt empty inside, getting out of bed I took my time taking a shower and getting dressed. I couldn't hear Eric at all in the Loft, did he leave already? Eric never wakes up before I do, NEVER.

After I was dressed I walked out of the room and saw Eric sitting down on the sofa. He had his hands on the back of his head and was looking at the ground. "Babe?" I asked walking over to him.

Sitting on the table was my tablet and pill bottle. "I thought we said no more secrets.." He looked up at me with red eyes.

Rushing beside him, I placed my hand on his leg. "I can explain. I just didn't have a chance to tell you yet.." I mumbled.

"I understand why you thought couldn't let Jeanine look at your brain, but Rose. The fact is you're overworking your brain. You have an increased chance of getting tumors in your brain. All this bullshit Tori has in here about eliminating stress... You need someone like Jeanine to help you, I know you are scared..." Eric tried to say.

I cut him off. "You don't know Eric. Because I am scared of not only Jeanine but of you and my dad too.." I sighed. "You and them hunt people like me. My dad forced me to kill Gabe. What do you think they are going to do to me?" I asked.

"It's different with you Rose. You're the leader of Dauntless. They already let you in, if they make a scene about you slipping through the system... You outsmarted them all by making it to this point right here Rose. You are in control and now you need help. Yeah, your divergent but you didn't choose this." Eric said. "If we just talk to Jeanine, maybe she could save you." Eric said.

Shaking my head, I furrowed my eyebrows. "Eric, No. Jeanine isn't going to save me." I stood up. "And if she does decide to save me ill just become her experiment."