Chapter Three~

“Tell The Clock to Stop Ticking”

Chapter Three:

“Foul! Red Number 13!” The referee acclaimed as Kuroko sat on the floor after he was ‘accidentally’ pushed down by the one marking him.

“What?! It wasn’t my fault he appears out of nowhere! He’s like a ghost and he did it on purpose! Damn it! This is my third foul for this game! This is so unfair! I didn’t even do anything! Hey, are you listening to me? Why don’t you listen to my point of view first, you asshole?!” The one marking him, whose name he would never know and would likely never ask, protested and arrogantly pushed the referee in annoyance.

“Technical foul!” The referee irritatingly shouted which made their opponent team’s coach sigh.

“GAAAAHHHH! Damn it!” His mark grunted and Kuroko blinked when a hand was offered right before his face. He looked up and found his “light” looking down at him with a bemused grin.

“You bastard, you really do know how to use that skill of yours, don’t you?” Kagami grumbled and helped his “shadow” stand up again. Right after doing so, he smacked the latter’s head.

“Ow!” He complained and rubbed his head. “Well, it’s the only thing I could be proud of, so better utilize it. It’s also why I could prank you anytime… Oops, I slipped.”

“Kuroko, you ba--- Grrrrr! Geez!” Kagami yelled then laughed before turning to the phantom playerand saying, “Don’t let your head fly you up into the sky, but you are quite amazing. I repeat: quite. It makes me want to play more games today!” The red-head exclaimed and lifted a fist. “Let’s win these games!”

“Nailed it.” Kuroko replied and bumped fists with his “light” and both quickly re-assembled with their teammates as the other team as for a time-out.

As Riko explained what their new position would be, Hyuuga noticed the wristbands around the teal-head’s wrist. “Oi, Kuroko, do you really need two wristbands around that wrist of yours?” He demanded and glared at the two suspicious wristbands. “AHA, You’re a wristband freak!”

“I’m not. Ah, well, um…I don’t really need both...but...”  The said boy responded and finally realized that he indeed had two wristbands around his right wrist. The first one was from Jikan, his time guardian, and the other one was from Ogiwara, his old best friend from elementary.

“Remove one of them! They seem so heavy!” Hyuuga grunted. “And they might only distract your passes! You wristband freak!”

“Please stop calling me that. And…they are not heavy…” He protested and stared at his wristbands like his life depended on it. Well, his life did depend on one of the two, but it was not like he could just mention such a trivial thing. Yes, trivial…

“Fine, remove them both instead! Do it now or I’ll remove them myself and let burn them right before you. With me laughing like this,” And he laughed like a scientist who finally finished his research after twenty years. “We’ll win this, or we’ll freeze in death in the freezer of the cafeteria. Got that?” Clutch-time Hyuuga commanded.

He stiffened and nodded. “Y-Yes!” He responded and quickly removed them before placing them on top of their bench as the buzzer rang so loudly beside them.

“SEIRIN, fight!” Kiyoshi enthusiastically started.

“FIGHT!” His other teammates shouted and earnestly entered the court and took a deep breath as the game resumed. Their audience as excited as them and shouting their cheers for their team even from the very back. It only showed how much people get to love Generation of Miracles more now than we were still High Schoolers.