Chapter Nine

Chapter 9: Chapter 9

A/N: Been awhile huh, guys? Sorry for the delay! I've been a very busy student, so please do be considerate of me and don't throw me on a cliff.

I re-read the previous chapters I did for my fanfics and almost punched my laptop upon the arrival of Shi in Chapter Eight. I couldn't remember what happened, not until I reread it, and I was like: 'WHAT THE HELL?!"

Alright, alright, I'll stop babbling.

The next chapter's here, brace yourselves!

Enjoy!

Hamburgers and fries,

LFMH021

"Tell the Clock to Stop Ticking"

Chapter Nine:

He sat up and glanced at his neon red alarm which was placed on his bedside table. It stated the time: 2:03 AM. Without hesitation, he put on his slippers and walked towards his room's door. He turned its doorknob, closed it silently behind him before heading towards the balcony.

He raised the sleeve of his top pajama and read the time that remained: 257 days, 21 hours, 56 minutes, 18 seconds. Sighing, he pulled it down again. "257 days, huh? Pretty long…" He whispered to himself before taking a deep breath.

He leaned on the railings before tracing his index finger on the cold metal beneath his skin. Despite its' coldness, he felt the warm nostalgic feeling.

He shut his eyes in agony before recalling those memories he had in this place.

"It's your birthday, Tetsu!" Aomine shouted and threw an arm around his shoulders. "Got anythin' for us?"

He shook his head. "I am so sorry, but no, I don't."

"Aw~ Why?" His light grumbled.

He smiled slightly. "My parents are away at the moment. They needed to take care of my grandma since she fell on the stairs days ago and needed to stay on Hospital for about two weeks to recover. I don't particularly felt like I needed to celebrate this day at all."

He felt kind of self-conscious when the members of the Generation of Miracles stared at him, mutely.

"…What is it?" He murmured.

Akashi took a step backward. "Generation of Miracles, gather!" He shouted and the five created a small circle meters away from him. Before they started to chatter, the red-head looked at him. "Don't leave yet, Tetsuya. We just need to talk about something. Don't disappear or else I'll double your training tomorrow."

Knowing his captain was not joking, he nodded, walked towards the wall beside the gates of Teiko before leaning his back against it. He waited for about eight minutes until Aomine grabbed his wrist and dragged him towards Maji Burger. "W-Where are we going, Aomine-kun?"

"I'm hungry. I'll treat you, just this once, a popsicle, a vanilla shake and some sandwiches you like so much!" The dark-head answered.

He looked over his shoulder and found the other four heading the opposite direction. "But,what about them?"

"…Er…ah…actually, we just debated awhile ago who would treat you today for your birthday and since the others were not that informed about this, I…uh…decided to treat you instead." His partner was not looking at him.