The Moon and the Sun (Genderbent) [Aarmau]

"Tell me the story about how the sun loved the moon so much that she died every night to let him breathe"

The sun rose with a steady breath, her long and luscious eyelashes rose softly as her eyes fluttered open. Her caramel eyes opened once more to see the beautiful world, surrounded by her gentle glow; a beautiful aura surrounded her. She wears a white dress, looking like a bride on her wedding day, and wearing a crown made of golden leaves, softly adorning her long black hair; she lights up the universe with her beautiful smile. Her gloriously tan skin was smooth and clear, her lips were as red as roses. The stars twinkled in the distance as she lifted the sun in her hands, caressing it gently as if it were her child.

As the day carried on, her beaming aura faded to a thin yellow, her lips less red, her caramel eyes fading to a dim brown. She cradled the world until, at last, the world was asleep. The long black hair that once shined in the stars dulled to a cloudy gray. Her smile fell, as she closed her eyes, ready for the night to begin, and ready to perish once more.

As she raised her slowly fading hand, she controlled her willpower to give a light, her last light to the moon. She started to fade more rapidly, as the moon grew brighter in the distance. As the moon took his first breath in a new night, the sun took her last.

The moon woke up with a start, feeling the adrenaline pumping through his veins. Goosebumps trailed up and down his spine as he took a shaky breath. He felt overwhelming guilt and melancholy. His silver eyes darkened to a husky grey, glimmering with unshed tears, the burning sensation of the tears he withheld felt like nothing compared to the agony he had felt inside his heart knowing that his lover had died for him, a mere mirror of her image, a smaller being compared to the beautiful sun, the beautiful sun that he had killed. For a moment the moon was silent, then suddenly he held his head back, and let out a blood-curdling yell that shook the heavens, as salty tears ran down his cheeks.

The world was silent as the moon shone in the sky, never knowing the tragedy that happens every night while everyone slumbered.