Little Alpha Pt. 3 (Snippet)

Aaron's POV:

Oh dear. "You will sleep in the room in which is on the top floor, there is only one room up there." Why did you just point her towards your room? Oh, no. This should be fun. "Oh! By the way, I didn't seem to catch your name," Aaron said. Aphmau's face turned red "Um, my name is Aphmau, sir⸺alpha!" Aaron laughed. "It's just Aaron. Only werewolves are entitled to call me Alpha, don't worry about it." Aphmau looked confused, but she nodded anyway. "Daniel!" The cute little werewolf came waddling in, literally, like a penguin. "Daniel, here's the key. Please take our guest, to the top floor. Aphmau, feel free to do anything you'd like in there. You are our guest, enjoy yourself." Daniel did a weird wiggly eyebrow dance. Aphmau blushed. "Daniel, now." Daniel took Aphmau's hand and bolted to the door. Aaron felt grateful that he growled after the door slammed shut. He didn't really like Daniel touching her. He sat back down in his office chair with a heavy thump, letting out an irritated sigh. He held his head in his hands. Of all the years I've begged for a mate, why must Irene give her to me the minute I gave up, and the second I am off guard.

He checked his watch. Only a minute passed. He tried to calm himself down, he had never been this stressed over something as simple as a room arrangement. The rest of the workday left him drained and tired, and with all the stress that had consumed him throughout the day, he had forgotten about Aphmau being in his room. Aphmau. Such a beautiful name. For such a beautiful girl. He wore a lovesick grin on his face thinking of her. He shook his head to get himself out of his little lovey-dovey world when he heard the elevator door open. He pushed the button at the top, he felt giddy as he thought of his mate. His footsteps echoed down the long hallway. He paused as he looked outside the window, looming over all of his⸺ no, their pack territory. He felt a shimmer of pride resonate within his heart, knowing that his pack was safe and his mate was here. He stopped in front of a door painted red, and then pulled out his spare key and unlocked the door. His smile disappeared immediately as he saw a body on the floor.

There she was. On the floor. His face went pale. He immediately ran towards her and checked for breathing. She was just asleep. On the floor. He let out a sigh of relief. Thank Irene. Did she not find herself worthy enough to sleep onto a bed? Perhaps she thought that she wasn't meant to because he was an alpha? He'll ask her in the morning. He lifted her up bridal style and tucked her into bed, and before he could think, he leaned over to kiss her forehead. Right before his lips touched her forehead, he flinched and turned away. If he were to ever kiss her, he would first get her consent to do so. He was raised to be a gentleman after all, seeing that he was an alpha. He took the blanket and right when he was about to cover her, he suddenly remembered the bruises on her legs. He quickly covered her up in the blanket and walked away from the bed and made a call.

"Ein?"

"Yes, Alpha?"

"Meet me in my office now."