High School Mates

Author's Note: I used some of the context above near the end of this one. Once again, thank @Super_jackiechan45 for giving me and you this beautiful storyline. This one is a bit longer, and has 2200-ish words in it. I hope you enjoy! 

Aaron's POV

It was the first day of school for those who went to Phoenix Drop High School, Aaron could feel the nervous aura coming from the freshman, the calming demeanors of the sophomores, and the intimidation coming from every single junior and senior in the school. Mr. Aaron Lycan was wearing his school uniform, and over it, a red jacket. He tugged over his jacket once he got out of the bus, the chilly wind enough to shake the tree branches.

He hated going on the bus, he was always the only one that gets on, and the only one that gets off. Everyone else has a parent that drops them off. Everyone else had a parent who had the time to drop them off. But then again, every other parent wasn't business managers who owned large companies. And every other parent was not an Ultima. He let out a heaving sigh, tears were already messing with his eyesight. He blinked rapidly, letting the tears fall, but only those tears. He wiped his eyes with his sleeve and moved his eyes from the ground in front of him to the sky.

"You don't have a choice in this, Aaron!" Aaron's dad, Derick, growls out. Little 5 year Aaron sobbed even harder. It just wasn't fair that he couldn't go outside. It just wasn't fair that he couldn't talk to anyone, It wasn't fair that he couldn't go to school like everyone else. It just wasn't fair. He balled his hands into fists and slammed into the table, his wails could be heard by his mother, who was outside the four walls that contained him and his demon ⎯ his monster. Or should he say, father?

He frowned as he looked up and saw the gray clouds nearly hiding away the beautiful sun, which was nothing but a faint silhouette. He always loved seeing the sun; he always loved the idea that something so far away can brighten up someone's world. He really truly wanted that. He wanted to have someone to be his own sun, the light of his own world, his world that is overwhelmed by lonely solitude.

As he was thinking, he had bumped into a petite girl, most likely a freshman. On instinct, his hands rushed out to catch her, caressing her like a porcelain doll. Her. A complete and utter stranger. A stranger. "Oh my Irene, I am so sorry," he says, the words rushing out of his mouth like a flood. The petite little girl wore a smirk. He liked it. He liked her smiling. He wanted more of that. And then suddenly he felt it. Well, technically he smelled it before he felt it. The smell of lavender and vanilla intoxicated him, a brush of bright purple in a canvas of grays and blacks. Then he felt it. That warm aura that he was just thinking about. The sun. Warmth. Flooding, overwhelming, beautiful warmth. His sun. He finally met his sun. Oh, how he just wanted to stay there, basking in her comfortable glow. He had been so cold, numb to his bones, and she was the sun, cracking the ice that covered his heart and mind, bit by bit.

A moment passed until he realized that he was holding her close to his chest and that he was staring at her. Right into hazel eyes. Those were beautiful too. He felt a different kind of warmth reaches his cheeks. She let out a cute little squeal. He was blushing, looking as red like a tomato. Right, when he opened his mouth, most likely to utter another apology, thunder roared from the skies, the once grey clouds have turned into dark clouds. He felt raindrops pitter-pattering on the gravel around them.

He got up off of his knees and helped the girl up. He then shrugged off his jacket as fast as he can and hovered it over the girl. She put the jacket on, as he put the hood over her head. Just after he gave her the jacket it had started to downpour, the sun being nothing but a distant memory from a few minutes ago. Not that Aaron cared about that sun. He had a better sun; a warmer, more beautiful sun. Aaron would never need the other sun again.