Winter Night

Author's Note: Sorry for taking so long, I had really bad writer's block, I still do, but I got help from Super_jackiechan45, thanks, dude

Author's Note: Sorry for taking so long, I had really bad writer's block, I still do, but I got help from Super_jackiechan45, thanks, dude. This is more about description than an actual story plot, and it is Aarmau. I promise I got good one-shots comings, thank @Super_jackiechan45 XD. 

It was a cool winter night, the moon being nothing but a distant silhouette underneath the thin darkened clouds concealing it from the world. The sky was nothing but an ocean above the world; just looking at it causing reminisce of the beautiful hues of the ocean waves. On a small narrow street, only one house remains lit, like a burning flame on the darkened sky, the light reflecting onto the sidewalk. Inside the house, lived a couple, a man with unsettlingly intense charcoal eyes, with a woman with eyes of warm hazel. The couple lied near the window, with the fireplace flickering and hissing a gentle lullaby, the lanterns laying near them giving a luminous glow.

The man felt the cool mattress against his back, as he was lying down. He had ruby earbuds in, listening to the gentle slow song, as he cherishes the moment of lying down next to his beloved fiancee. The woman on her stomach next to him, reading a book next to the lantern. The illumination of the bulb inside the lantern fluttered over the pages, the ink writing was seemingly dancing over the pages. Her hand hovered over the rough texture of the pages, piling upon each other. She drinks in each and every word, as the words have caused her heart to pause or thunder, ending with her clutching onto the pages.

Outside the gentle glow of the fireplace, and the safety of the four walls that surrounded them lied a stagnant world, with only the sound of the wind breaking the silence. Outside, the people were in another world, resting their heads, hearts, and minds from the ailments and struggles the world had given them over the course of the day. The chilling breeze caressed the empty branches as the soft snowflakes kissed the ground beneath them as they landed.

At this time at night, the darkness ruled over the land, the world's only warrior was the light. Inside the house, the darkness was the intruder, the mere luster of the lantern seemed to cause fear to the darkness, as it shrivels away into the outskirts of the house, its retreat fast, but its return is faster.

Underneath the sheets of the bed, was the feeling of protection and comfort. On the windowsill are two mugs, steaming with hot cocoa and small marshmallows, the warmth fogging up the windowpane. The woman then reached over to for the mug, the drink was warm and the taste was gentle and sweet. As she carried the mug, she felt the slight burn of the warm liquid beneath her hands, the sweetest ache in wintertime.

As she slowly savored the drink, she heard the soft pulse of music coming from her love's earbuds. She listened even closely and heard the sweet lullaby of the wind outside (it's howling was faint and quiet), and the call of the fireplace, crackling and popping in, both creating a beautiful harmony together.

After she put the drink down, she laid back down on her back, stretching her stiff body from remaining in the same position for such a long period of time. After a moment of stretching, she rises up and leans over, feeling the cool smooth surface of the window as she pulled it up slightly, attempting to relieve herself of the stuffy room. A wondrous breeze swirled throughout the room, brisk and refreshing. A content sigh left from her lips as goosebumps form across her skin. She invited the cold like an old friend, after keeping it outside the house for so long.

She let out a yawn and laid back down, cuddling into the love of her life. The blanket was so warm and cozy, and her eyelids felt like they weighed tons. She felt so utterly drained and warm, comfortable and calm, that she joined the others on the street, in a world far away from consciousness. Her fiance, on the other hand, was wide awake, although his eyes were closed.

He felt so at peace at the moment, the gentle rhythm of the song, and the calm presence of his future wife cuddling closer to his body left him with a mind of tranquility and contentment. He took one of his earbuds out and gazed up at the ceiling. He turned his gaze over to his darling fiancee. He lifted up the blanket just a little so that it covers her chest. He gave a gentle kiss on her forehead, and then returned his gaze to the ceiling. He engraved this memory into his mind, every emotion he felt, the music, every single detail.

He closed his eyes for a while, and when he had finally looked over at the wind and he saw the sun slowly rising. It's rising was steady and calm, strong and reassuring. The sun finally rose nearly the ground. The sun hit the street, the long shadows of the night crept away as the sun changed the sky. The atmosphere changed with the sky, the slumber slowly fading into consciousness. The sky's colors changed in a beautiful blend of red blurring into orange, as the rest of the sky keeps the beautiful hues of the ocean. The red glow of the sun reflected on the snow, making gorgeous reddish orange colors. At this point, the snow has been coming down for a while, so the snow looked about 10 inches, that would take a while to shove. He put that thought aside; he was felt so at peace, and let out a content sigh.

As much as he loved seeing that beautiful sunrise, his only thought was of how the beautiful night was gone, and that the memory was over. They could not replace the comfort they had felt, or replay the night again. But still, he was content with the thought that he and his lover would have all the time in the world to make more of these memories, once they are married. He was okay with the loss of this night because he knew that many more beautiful nights wait ahead of him, as their wedding night. And with that thought, he closed his eyes and let that serene aura and tranquil mindset soothe him, and closed his eyes once again. This time, he intended to keep his eyes closed, at least for a few hours.

What a beautiful winter night.