O N E

7:30 am

Friends Mental and Crisis Center

Omniscient P.O.V.

Nick huffed after he looked at the time. "That's it?" He whispered, slamming his head back on the pillow.  He sat for a few more minutes before realizing, "I'm hungry." He looked over at his best friend and roommate, Jay who was still sound asleep. Nick wanted waffles but knew he couldn't make them without someone watching him.

The last time Nick tried to cook on his own, he damn near burned the whole facility down. He looked over at his friend again, not really wanting to wake him up. He laid down to try to fight his hunger but his stomach began to growl. He sat up, putting on his fuzzy bunny slippers.

"Jaaaaaay!" He whisper-yelled. Jay did nothing. Nick sat on the edge of the bed, shaking his best friends shoulder. "Jaaaaaay, get upppp!" He whined. Jay threw his face into his pillow. "What. Nicholas." Jay muffledly spoke. "Jay, I'm hungry." He quickly pulled the covers over his face. "Then go eat! You're grown."

Nick furrowed his eyebrows. "No I'm not. I'm only this manys!" He shouted, holding up three fingers. "And you know I can't cook without some one watching me."  Jay huffed, getting up. "Fine, but when you done, I'm going right back to sleep." Nick clapped, cheesing. He grabbed Jay's wrist, pulling him out of bed.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Jay asked, pointing to Nick's bed. His eyes grew big. He quickly ran to his bed, grabbing his stuffies. "Thanks, Jay." He kissed his cheek, running down the stairs.

To his surprise, his two favorite nurses were on duty this morning. "Hi Miss Jamie, Hi Miss Tabitha!" Nick yelled, hugging them both. "Hiii, Nicky Bear!" They cooed at him, making him blush. "Jay?" Miss Jamie hesitantly asked. "Yeah, it's me." She nodded. "Okay, just making sure. What y'all doing up so early?" Jay sighed. "He wanted waffles...so now we're here."

"Well we can help him with them if you wanna go back to sleep." Nurse Tabitha suggested. "Thank yo-" Jay started, but Nick quickly grabbed his arm. "Noooo! I want you to help meeee!" He whined, tugging on his best friend's arm. "Nicky Bear, Jay's tired. We can help you though, okay?" Nick's eyes welled up with tears after hearing what Nurse Jamie just said.

"Nicholas, do not start c-" Jay started but was too late. He screamed and kicked his feet, throwing a temper tantrum like the little boy he thought he was. "Nicholas, stop. Be a big boy." Nurse Tabitha warned. "You can make your waffles but Jay-" He screamed louder. The crazy thing was that he really sounded like a toddler.

Not being able to tolerate his ear piercing screams, Jay gave in. "Alright, Nick! I'll help you! Damn!" Jay shouted, causing Nick to stop. "Really?" He hiccuped, his big brown glossy eyes staring up at Jay. "Yeah, come on." Nick stood up off of the floor, grabbing Jay's hand as they walked to the kitchen.

Nicholas' violent screams woke up Taymor. He came stomping down the steps, fuming with anger. "Good morning Taym-" He quickly put his finger up. "Please, shut the fuck up. Why am I up at seven forty-five in the morning listening to a grown ass man cry like a two year old child?" The two nurses exchanged looks with each other.

"ITS SEVEN IN FUCKING THE MORNING!" He screamed, punching a hole in the wall. "Ima kill that lil muh-fucker." He growled, making his way to the kitchen. "Taymor, do not!" Nurse Jamie called out, as both nurses followed after him. Nick, oblivious to what was going on, pulled the waffle maker out the cabinet. Taymor walked in, kicking the step ladder from under his feet. Nick fell on his bottom, as tears formed in his eyes again.

"Please wake me up out of my sleep again, I fucking dare you." Taymor walked away as Jay ran over to Nick from the pantry. He cried, making Taymor turned around. "AYO! WHAT THE FUCK?! SHUT UP!" He yelled, causing Nick to cry louder. "Stop screaming at him then, nigga!" Jay exclaimed, rolling his eyes. "What was that?" Taymor stepped closer. Jay let go of Nick as he scurried over to the nurses. "You heard me, bitch." Jay sized him up.

"Oh, shit! World Star!" Danny yelled, rubbing his eyes and recording it with his phone. Miss Tabitha grabbed it, putting it in her pocket while Miss Jamie went to break up the fight. "That's enough, you too!" She yelled, pushing them apart.

Taymor looked down at his chest where her hand was. "Don't fucking touch me, yo." He grabbed her wrist, snatching it down. He pushed passed Daniel who was now doing jumping jacks, and stormed back into his room. "They do not pay me enough for this." Nurse Jamie sighed, sitting down the couch.

---
Nick sat in the living room watching Paw Patrol with his waffles cut into very small pieces. Jay looked over at him, as he continued to drink apple juice out of his sippy cup. "Can I go back to sleep now?" Nick shook his head. "No, silly! It's almost ten, which means it's almost time for everyone to eat candy!" Jay sighed, knowing he meant meds.

There isn't really anything Nick can take for his condition, but because he doesn't like being left out, the nurses give him spongebob gummies three times a day. "Can I go to sleep after that, then?" Nick shook his head again. "I wanna have a tea-party and you're invited!" He squealed.

Paw Patrol came to an end and Jay tried sneaking up the steps but the nurses made an announcement. "Alright guys, it's ten! Everybody come down!" They all lined up in front of their office as Taymor pushed hisself to the front. "Just gimme my shit so I can go." Nurse Jamie gave him his medicine and threw the cup down, walking out of the office.

Nick was next as he chewed on his gummies. Jay stood behind him, staring at him intensely. He didn't like Nick, he was just super protective over him. He was his best friend and didn't want anything to happen to him.

While Jay was taking his meds, Nick sat on the floor next to him, playing with his stuffies. Meanwhile, Danny continued to giggle while Michael poked at his sides. "Mike, stooooop." He blushed, continuing to move his hand. "Mike, stooooop." Michael mocked, still softly poking at his rib cage.

"Danny come on." Nurse Tabitha said as Daniel walked over and took his medicine. Michael was next and when he finished he went upstairs, following Daniel. Mike stood in Daniel's doorway, playing with a lighter. "What?" He asked, as Mike shook his head. "Nothing...I can't look at you?" He questioned. Daniel giggled before shaking his head. "Nope." He turned away from him, watching tv.

Michael chuckled, jumping onto the bed next to him. Daniel snuggled into his chest, discreetly listening to his heartbeat. "I love you." Michael admitted, looking down at him. Daniel didn't know what to say. "I- um...I" Michael sat up, making his way out the room. "Mike I-" Michael shrugged. "It's cool, I was about to go back to sleep anyways." He lied.

"Oh no. I feel so ba- ooo, Family Guy!" He crossed his legs and sat up, watching tv.

This was a little test run...I really don't know how I feel about this book just yet. I hope I'm not offending anybody with this 😩 What y'all think though? Let me know 💙