F I V E

Flashback: One year ago

"I mean, I didn't know they were in there." Michael shrugged. "What were you doing, anyway?" Jahseh asked. "I was burning paper on the stove and a piece fell on the floor. It looked cool so I didn't stop it from burning and by time I knew it, the whole kitchen was on fire." Jahseh shook his head at him. "Why would you even do that?! Are you crazy?!" Michael laughed. "Calm down. Everyone's fine." Jahseh shook his head.

"I have to go away, though. My parents are sending me to this center for help, I guess." Jahseh frowned as he straddled Mike. "I don't want you to gooooo!" He wined, snuggling his face in crook of Michael's neck. "I know. But I'll probably be back soon. It's really nothing wrong with me." He rubbed the small of Jahseh's back. "And you have your music and stuff, look forward to that." Jahseh nodded and kissed his lips.

"I know but, I'm gonna miss you." He pouted. "We can try long distance or something, right?" Michael asked. "Yeah but who knows how long it will be until I see you again." Michael sighed. "True." Jahseh sat up. "Promise me something. Promise me that if we run into each other again, we get back together." Michael sat up on his elbows. "I promise." Jahseh smiled and kissed Michael again.

Friends Mental and Crisis Center
4:07 pm
Omniscient POV

"So you two know each other?" Nurse Tabitha asked, pointing between Michael and Jahseh. "I guess you could say that." Michael smirked as Jahseh slightly blushed. Tay awkwardly looked between the two of them and scrunched his face up. "Y'all gone stop eye fucking each other or no?" Michael cleared his throat. "Nigga shut up!" He huffed. "Are you gonna introduce me to your friends, Michael?" Mike scratched the back of his neck. "Friends? I wouldn't necessarily call them fri-" Jay stopped him. "If you finish that sentence, he'll start crying." He cut his eyes at Nick who's eyes were already getting glossy.

"This is Nick." Nick waved. "Hi." He quickly said, placing his pacifier back in his mouth. "That's Tay." He looked him up and down as Jahseh held his hand out. "Just don't get on my nerves." He walked back up to his room, closing the door behind him. "He's an asshole. You get used to it." Michael shrugged. "This Jay...for now." He laughed at his own joke. "Nigga, fuck you!" Jay quickly snapped at him. "And this is Danny-" Danny stopped him. "Daniel. It's Daniel." Jay snapped his neck in his direction "OOP." Michael cut his eyes at Jay in a threatening way.

"I'ma just mind my business then." He laughed, turning the tv back up. Danny watched as Michael and Jahseh continued to laugh and catch up with each other. It broke his heart to see him with somebody else. "You missed me?" Mike asked, draping his arm over Jahseh's shoulder. "Well, duh." He chuckled. "wElL dUH." Danny mocked, rolling his eyes. "Danny, you said something?" Jay asked, smirking. "No, shit starter." He said, smiling at him.

"I should take my stuff up stairs, can you help me, Mikey?" Danny gagged at the nickname. Mike nodded, getting of the couch and taking Jahseh's stuff upstairs. "Am I petty for being mad, Jay?" Jay shrugged. "I don't know the full story so I can't say. But if we're being honest, I like y'all better together." Danny laughed, feeling a little better.

---

"So what happened between you and Daniel?" Jahseh asked with his arms folded over his chest. Michael really didn't have an answer. Technically they weren't done, they were both just being stubborn and didn't want to talk to each other. "Nothing, really. We messed around for a little but it wasn't nothing major." He lied. "I feel like your lying to me." Jahseh squinted his eyes. Michael unfolded Jahseh's arms and put them around his waist. "I'm not, you gotta trust me." He kissed his forehead.

"Fine. But if I find some shit out, I'm done." Michael shrugged. "Fair enough. Now bend over so you get this 'I missed you dick.'" Jahseh slapped his chest. "Damn, nigga! Can I unpack first?" Michael shook his head. "Nah." He tackled Jahseh to the bed kissing on his neck as he laughed.

---

This chapter was, eh. Sorry 😩 Why everybody else books so fire? 💀