Chapter 13

Geez, another pair of chapters! I must really like you guys... 😘

Time passes.

I get restless.

The pain is becoming more unbearable because I'm taking it. I could try to leave, make a plan and bust out of here. But the eyes, Amo, won't let me. The eyes are so intense. There is no room for argument.

But I do not lose anymore memories. Not that I had any to lose. But the memories, the fond ones with the eyes and my escape attempt stay with me, even as I fight for will.

I think it's Amo. Their presence helps my mind stay in its state of meager stability. It doesn't get any worse.

And that's the greatest thing.

The time I wait doubles my time here. I don't know how long that is...

The men in white coats have started getting a tad more bold, but have decreased how often they do it. They are also more focused on the power side of being a ghost.

Wait, ghost? Where did that come from? I don't remember ghosts... Yet that's what I am. The white coats called me that, but I thought it was my name... Guess I'm a ghost and not... Ghost. Is my mind getting better? Or only getting worse?

But my power continued to grow. And they are curious why. Well, "curious". More like "desperate to know". I don't know what they are thinking. I feel just as weak as ever, yet they look at power levels and claim them to be growing.

It's probably my other half.

He's getting restless, too. He wants to breathe, his heart to beat, to feel hormones and the constant flux of emotions.

But Amo continues to reassure. Continues to say wait.

How much longer?

Soon.

How close is soon?

Don't know.

Then soon could be a week or a month or years?

No. Soon.

Days?

Don't know.

I shouldn't listen. I should break out! Get out!

But still, I wait. Something tells me Amo would kill me more than dead if I decide to ignore.

I am crazy. Taking orders from a pair of eyes.