Chapter 26

"Nervous about Phantom?" I ask Kaldur.

"I have doubts. But they deal with team dynamics, not his ability."

"Alright then." Together, we walk to the launch room, where Kid and Artemis are making out. Kaldur sighs, and I stick out my tongue and crinkle my nose. "Guys..."

Artemis waves us off, but Kid pulls back, earning an annoyed look from Artemis. He has a stupid smile on his face. "Don't knock it til ya try it," he snarks back, and Artemis just gives us a smug grin. Wally sweeps her off her feet and flashes into the bioship.

I still have a disgusted look. Zatanna, who was probably watching the whole thing, walks past me, pecking me on the cheek as she goes by. My disgusted look morphs into a pleased one, and Kaldur just sighs again.

I follow Zatanna up, Kaldur following. I sit by her, striking up a conversation as we wait for our three missings.

Danny floats up a couple minutes later, giving me a nervous smile. A seat automatically pops up for him, and he hesitantly sits down it, immediately getting strapped in. He gives a squeak, pulling at the restraints.

"It's a seat belt," Kaldur calmly assures, and Danny gives a weak smile.

"You can probably phase out of it," I call over to him. He does, just to make sure he can, before settling back into the seat.

"Where's Miss Martian and Superboy?" he asks.

"Probably making out," Zatanna offers.

"Seems to be today's trend," Kaldur remarks under his breath, and the other occupants smirk.

M'gann and Superboy come through, running, out of breath. "Sorry," M'gann apologizes, floating into her driver's seat as Superboy sits in a chair that materializes. "We got caught up."

"Kaldur seems to think you were kissing..." sings Zatanna, and Kaldur sends her a glare.

M'gann just goes red and Superboy folds his arms.

"Ha! You totally called it!" shouts Wally, leaning forward in his chair. "Geez, who's next? Place your bets!"

"The only people left are Kaldur and Danny," I note. Danny just looks at me, a look that questions why I would ever say something like that, and somehow his gaze makes me chastise, "And Tucker and Jazz."

"Are we shipping them?" sighs Artemis. "Because I don't think so."

"Maybe Jazz and Kaldur," adds Wally. Kaldur gives the same look to him as Danny gave me. "Or Jazz and Danny."

Danny's reaction reminds me of Tucker's when I'd suggested it. "EW, no, no no no no no." The team looks at him in interest. "No." He pulls up his hood.

We exchange looks. Wally, of course, doesn't shut up about it, though. "Why not? Oh, I know why! Tucker said you and Sam were 'in like'. Are we shipping you two?"

"Why do we have to ship anyone?" he mumbles from under his hood. "Lemme alone."

Wally goes to say something else, but Artemis shoves a granola bar into his mouth. He gags and takes it out, starting to complain that she didn't even take off the wrapper.

When we near the coordinates, the team silences and Kaldur takes up charge. "This place has no information on any database. We're going in completely blind, as much as I don't like that. We'll split into two teams. We need stealth as our break in plan. Phantom, take Robin and Zatanna. Technical, stealth and magic. They should get you through any barriers."

I silently thank Kaldur for putting Danny on my team. And Zatanna.

"The rest of us will follow up, and if we are spotted it will allow you three to achieve the objective. Understood?" Everyone nods, even Danny, albeit reluctantly. "Alright. Miss Martian, link us up."