Chapter 33

"It seems like there's more to this," M'gann argues weakly, gesturing to us. Dani's chatting, and I'm listening, eating ice cream and agreeing with nods and bright smiles. I'm following her dramatic telling of the time she went to ghost-Egypt (almost married to King Tut, yikes), but make sure to keep listening to the team's discussion on the other side of the room.

"It's like he totally remembers her," Wally comments. "I thought the whole thing with Danny was the not remembering."

"That didn't make sense," Artemis returns.

"It made enough," he shoots back, and their defenses immediately come up, preparing for a fight.

"Sorry to interrupt your latest romantic moment, but shouldn't we..." The words die on Robin's tongue and he falls quiet. Speechless. Huh. All I needed was an opposite gender clone... Who knew, right?

"And that was when Rome entered the fight."

"Where did Rome come from?" I ask.

"Well apparently they wanted me too. But because they hated me. I might have done something to their temple but I swear it was an accident..."

"I just can't believe you didn't tell us," Zatanna grumbles.

"It wasn't important!" Jazz defends.

"Your stories aren't matching up!"

Silence from the team. I can practically hear the realization from Zatanna's heated comment.

Dani continues chatting, but I can tell she's waiting for the next comment. "And then I used a reverse Trojan horse- you know, when they steal something and you hide inside it... Because they totally fell for that... They thought it was an Egyptian rip off of their Artemis goddess, what was her name..."

"Minerva," I reply, tense at the obvious building of a war on the other side of the room.

"You said you were close, but not romantically. Like family. But not?" M'gann starts.

"You don't know who he was before he died, but were there when it happened?" Artemis continues.

"And most of your stories happen at the school, but he's dead." Conner folds his arms. "So how does he go to school? Does he just follow invisibly? Does he actually attend in disguise?"

"You said you weren't in the fight for a while, but if that's true, how did he get Fenton technology?" Wally directs at Jazz, who looks panicked at the demand.

Kaldur looks on at all this with a frown. "And you continue to evade questioning on any details of Danny himself. Who he was, who he is. You seem to be keeping memories from everyone, even him."

Robin looks on desperately. Everytime he attempts to say something, somebody else starts talking. The questions and distrust are too thick for him to quickly fix.

"And then there's the whole cloning thing-" Wally starts.

"Shut up!"

The team silences. Robin might not be able to fix this, but Dani...

"All of ya!" She glares at them, her eyes dangerous. I wonder if that's what I look like angry. "Jazz and Tuck have serious trust issues, and can ya blame them? They've kept secrets for Danny since he died. You guys are heroes. You are amazing and good and kittens getting along with puppies but you judge. You're judgey. If they thought you wouldn't accept a part of their lives, because you are judgemental and small minded, which you're probably not but everyone in Amity is so can you blame them for thinking that? They wouldn't tell you crap to both protect Danny and themselves because I can see it in your eyes that you're still freaked out about ghosts."