Chapter 20

"Vision, B-08," announces the Zeta Beam. I grimace. Jazz had not been happy when she found out that not only was Danny completely mind wiped, but he also had asked for solitude before she got to see him.

Wally and I had been sparring, but were now exchanging "oh crap" glances. Jazz narrows her eyes as she walks in on the scene.

"Calm down. I'm not going to snap," she snaps. Wally and I give her sheepish looks, and in response she waves the bag in her hand. "Do you guys want donuts? I stopped by--"

Wally is a blur as he takes the treats from her and starts shoving the first donut in her mouth.

"Give it back!" she cries. "They're not all for you, Wally!"

"Who zen," he says around a mouthful.

She strides over and yanks it from him. "Well, everyone. Including Danny. Do you think he'd like one?"

I shrug. "He's been resting for a while, maybe a couple hours. We can see if he's awake." She nods like there's nothing she'd rather do.

I lead her toward the medbay, Wally following behind in probable hopes of another donut. Tucker, who'd probably heard Jazz's arrival, jogs up on us from behind as I open the door.

Danny is awake, staring at his hand like he's trying to figure it out. I call his name and he focuses on me.

"Hungry?" I ask.

A brief look of confusion crosses over his face before he gives a slow nod. I open the door wider, letting him see I come with company. He doesn't look happy about it, but I can't stop Jazz from rushing inside and Wally and Tucker following. Danny looks panicked, but the three don't notice, or don't care.

Well, I guess Wally does, but he's really more concerned about getting another donut. Jazz holds out the bag with apprehension, and Danny looks at it like he doesn't know what to do with it. Jazz doesn't want to invade his space, but Danny doesn't know what to make of it.

After a tense moment of silence, Wally sighs, "Dude, just take it."

Defense flashes in Danny's eyes. "My hand is broken," he grits out. "And my other arm doesn't move at the shoulder."

Wally blinks. "OH, sorry." But he still keeps his eyes on the bag.

I roll my eyes. Jazz pulls back the bag. Danny moves from her to Wally, a spark of recognition but the same amount of confusion.

"This is Kid Flash," I supply, guessing that he's trying to figure out the name. "And this is Jazz. You already know Tucker."

He nods. "Hi."

"Do you want one?" Jazz asks, but when Danny gives her a confused look she shrinks back again.

Ugh. I just have to do everything. I snatch a paper towel from the dispenser by the sink and take the bag from Jazz. Eating donuts should not be this difficult.

Not knowing if Danny is a germaphobe or something like that, I take out a chocolate coated donut with the paper towel and wave it at him. He nods, and I place it on his lap. Then I take one, hand the bag back and fall back on one of the chairs.

Incredibly awkwardly, Jazz takes one, Tucker takes one, and Wally takes the bag. Wally and I eat, but Jazz and Tucker just stand uncomfortably, and Danny looks cornered. I exchange a look with Wally. They're freaking him out.

"Jazz," I prompt. "Why don't you finish telling us about that new theory with the- um..." Crap. I wasn't listening when she was talking about it.

"Melatonin treatment for Parkinson's disease," supplies Wally before taking out another pastry. Jazz locks eyes with me and I tilt my head to the seat and then look at Danny. Luckily, she caught on to that and sits down.