04

[AERI'S POV]

my favourite bell of the day rang, signalling the end of school.

"i'll get going first okay? see you tomorrow!" yoojung said, waving while i was still packing my bag.

"seungmin, we will go get changed first. meet you at the court!" jisung and changbin informed seungmin.

i turned back to see seungmin still packing too, "seungmin-ah." i called out.

"yes?"

"are you and the rest of the boys having some basketball practice thingy today?"

"yeah, why? you wanna come watch hyunjin?" he smirked.

"dang it, you caught me. so.. can i come?" i hid my face in embarrassment. i did not expect him to catch on so fast.

"sure! wait for me, i just need to pack my books first. let's go together." he smiled.

**
"why do you guys have to practice anyways?" i asked out of curiosity.

"it's for the sports interclass next month. we've been practicing for the past few weeks every mondays and wednesdays, we really want to win to get into the basketball team." seungmin patiently explained.

"cooll. i wish you guys all the best. stray kids will definitely win!"

"thank you, your encouragement will give me motivation to work harder~" he ruffled my hair, causing me to glare at him.

"sorry, sorry." he sang the iconic sorry sorry before fixing my hair for me. "what about you? are you joining any sports for the interclass?"

"i doubt so, i can do anything but sports. i've gotten injured countless of times just because i failed to catch stuff flying at me." i laughed, shaking my head at my unsporty self.

"you can just cheer us on then!"

"suree."

with all that talking, we arrived at the basketball court, which was not far from the school compounds.

in fact, it's right outside the school, just a 3 minute walk or so.

"you can sit there, i'll go change and come back. the boys should be here soon." he pointed at an area beside the basketball court with steps, where some girls were already sitting at.

it was kinda tiring having to climb up the steps as each step was quite high and my short legs weren't helping, so i decided to just sit at one of the lower steps.

the girls behind me were wearing uniforms from some other schools, but there were girls on the other side who were from the same school as me too.

seems like they were the girls in the cafeteria during lunch.

the girls behind scoffed, "who is she? i've never seen her come to watch the practice before."

"yeah, i wonder who she is here to watch. whatever, girls like her don't bother me."

i rolled my eyes, taking out the bottles of water i bought for hyunjin and myself.