17

[YOOJUNG'S POV]

"she doesn't like to celebrate her birthday outside, let's just celebrate at her house." i told them.

"why not? does she celebrate it at home every year?" woojin asked curiously.

"she just wants to celebrate at home with her parents. she's a very loving daughter." i explaining, proudly smiling at how filial my best friend is to her parents.

"i usually just go over to her house on her birthday and we hang out like we normally do. to her, her birthday is just a day she was born so she doesn't want to make such a big deal out of it and treat it like such a special occasion so.." i continued, shrugging.

she's the birthday girl afterall, we'll just do what she wants. although, i do think that she deserves better than just hanging out at her house watching movies on her birthday.

she's always satisfied with the simplest things and is really appreciative of everything around her, which is really admirable.

i want to be more like her but it's not that easy to be content with what you have.

i don't know how she even does it.

i don't know what did i do to get such a great, mature best friend.

"she sounds like a very good daughter.." seungmin said with such love in his eyes, he looked like that one emoji with the heart eyes lol.

seungmin would be good for aeri but there's hyunjin too..

now.. who do i set her up with?

ugh, life is hard.

"why? are you thinking of making her become your parents' daughter?" chan teased, the boys 'oooo~'ed loudly.

"shut up." seungmin took a pillow from the couch and threw it at chan.

"both you and hyunjin just love throwing stuff at me, don't yai!" chan hugged the pillow seungmin threw at him, becoming all sulky.

"when did i ever?" hyunjin asked, tapping his chin.

"don't remember hyunjin ever doing that." the rest all sided hyunjin, teasing chan.

"w-what?? the milk carton, remember?!" chan asked, feeling betrayed.

you naive idiot, they're just playing with you.

i took another pillow from the same couch and threw it at chan.

"let's focus on planning the surprise." i said without any emotion, playing along with the guys and teasing him too.

"babygirl, you too?!" he pouted, hugging the two pillows now.

ha, he's so cute. a cute idiot.

**

"so to sum it up.. changbin, minho and jisung will go get the cake, chan and i will inform her parents about the surprise while woojin and jeongin will go buy some deco and they can also help us with decorating the house, and lastly felix and seungmin will get a nice board or something for us to write birthday wishes for her." i asked for any objections, everyone was fine with it.. except hyunjin.

"..what am i supposed to do?" hyunjin asked, rubbing his nape.

"right! most importantly, hyunjin will be bringing aeri out till we are done setting up everything!" i clapped excitedly, patting hyunjin on the back.

wow, i'm such a great planner.

jung aeri, you can thank me later!

chan scooted over to me, leaning closer and whispering in my ear. "you did a great job, babe. aeri is gonna love this."