28

[AERI'S POV]

——————— •• ——————–

jung aeri:
i hate you

jung aeri:
even makeup can't hide it

jung aeri:
what do i say if yoojung
or the boys ask

hyunjin❤️:
just tell them it's a mosquito bite

jung aeri:
as if they'll believe that

hyunjin❤️:
they aren't that smart

hyunjin❤️:
it'll be fine

jung aeri:
i'm pretty sure they'll be able to differentiate.....

hyunjin❤️:
you're still at home right?
come out in 5 minutes

hyunjin❤️:
let's go to school together

——————— •• ——————–

as soon as i saw hyunjin, i pushed my hair aside and showed him my neck, pointing at the bruise he created, frowning.

he came closer to look at it, before breaking into a wide grin.

"i did a pretty good job, huh?" he cheerfully said, giving himself a pat on the back.

his cheerfulness didn't last long before i kicked the back of his leg, making him groan in pain.

"it's not funny! you should be thankful my parents were too tired when they got back, if not they would have noticed it!" i sighed, about to pull my hair out in frustration at how relaxed he was about this.

i don't even know how hyunjin managed to make such a big bruise without me feeling it.

"i'm sorry~ i promise i'll do it somewhere you can easily hide next time." he cooed.

"you're only taking this so lightly because you're not the one who has it! there's no next time, you can continue dreaming." i glared at him, folding my arms.

he bent down, tilting his head and showing his neck to me. "there, i'll let you give me one too."

i slapped his neck with my hand, rolling my eyes, "thanks but no thanks."

i walked off, leaving him behind.

he ran, catching up and slinging his arm around my shoulder. "i'm sorry, okayy.. i'll help you make sure it's well covered so no one sees it."

"you better." i shot daggers at him once more.

on the way to class, hyunjin helped me adjust my hair a few times to cover it better.

"i'll see you during lunch." he said, waving before going into his class.

i got into my class, suddenly feeling very self conscious and nervous without hyunjin next to me making sure it's covered.

i sat down to yoojung who was clueless.

i should tell her because she's my best friend, right?

but how do i even say it?

"good morningg!" she happily exclaimed as soon as she saw me.

"ooh, i'm surprised you decided to let your hair down today, it's pretty hot outside." she said.

i awkwardly laughed, am i going to be busted already? "y-yeah.. i just felt like it today."

she nodded, reverting her focus back to her phone, unsuspecting.

class ended. i heaved a sigh of relief, thank god no one noticed.

it was lunch break and yoojung and i went to the next class to find chan and hyunjin with seungmin, jisung and changbin trailing behind us.

chan smiled, walking to us.

i looked around but hyunjin was nowhere in sight.

"your boyfriend went to the toilet. he said he'll meet us at the cafeteria." chan informed me, noticing how i was looking for hyunjin.

i nodded.

we all went ahead to the cafeteria without hyunjin and went to our usual table.

we decided to wait for hyunjin to come back before getting our food.

we all started using our phones, scrolling through social media and playing games.

at this point, i had already forgotten about hiding my neck.

i pushed my hair behind, fully exposing my neck. bad decision.

jisung started whining, "what's taking hyunjin so longg?" he looked over at me, directing the question at me. "–eh? what happened to your neck?"

jisung's question caused everyone to turn their heads to look at my neck.

"i-it's a mosquito bite." i stuttered against my will, hurriedly using my hair to cover it but it was too late because everyone already saw it.

"that doesn't look very much like a mosquito bite to me." felix commented.

"damn you didn't even tell me that happened!" yoojung gasped, putting her hands over her mouth.

"i didn't know the two of you were that intimate with each other already." seungmin stated emotionlessly.

"when's our turn?" chan jokingly nudged yoojung who was sitting next to him, causing her to blush profusely.

just then, hyunjin cluelessly came and sat on the empty seat beside me.

he finally looked up only to see everyone looking at him.

"why are all of you looking at me like that?" he frowned.

"hey mosquito~~"

hwang hyunjin, why.

just why.