Chapter 36: Easy Breezy Beautiful

I usually don't swear, but this chapter has a few explicit words (and scenes). If you're not into that sort of stuff, stop reading. And apparently (because of a choice word), TLVS is no longer searchable, so you'll have to go to my profile to read it. Yay.

Dedicated to my other WNRS buddy, raindrop.

Chapter 36: Easy, Breezy, Beautiful

I gulped, still sitting in the car (I had been for almost ten minutes), looking at Ian's house. It wasn't as intimidating before, but now I was on a mission to bring him and Emma happiness that would hopefully last for more than three weeks. You can do this, Charlotte. Just walk up there and don't beat around the bush. I was terrible at giving myself pep talks, so to make up for that, I actually did what I came here to do.

I rang the doorbell and one of the Jameson servants answered it. "Hello. Can I help you with something?" She looked friendly enough, and I didn't remember seeing her before.

"Is Ian here?"

"Yes, and you are?"

"Charlotte."

She nodded, held up her pointer finger, and shut the door. She came back shortly with no Ian. "I'm sorry, but Mr. Ian does not wish to see you."

I sighed. I figured this would happen, but I was hoping he could forget what happened on New Years. "Will you tell him this is important?"

She shook her head. "Mr. Ian gave me very strict orders."

"But this is about-"

She narrowed her eyes. "About who, Miss Charlotte?"

"Emma," I said, hoping that she was a popular person around the Jameson household. Ian couldn't possibly keep it a secret from his servants. She had to have been over here countless times.

"You know Miss Emma?" I nodded. "Is she here?" She peered over my shoulder.

"No."

"Well, I suppose I'm going to go do my chores right now. I always forget to lock the door after I greet visitors. It was nice meeting you, Miss Charlotte," she said slowly, closing the door.

Was she seriously going to let me break into their home? I wasn't complaining, and I liked her not-so-subtle way of letting me in. I waited about ten seconds before I opened the door and made my way up to Ian's room. I wondered if I should knock (in case he was doing I didn't want to see) or if I should barge in and not give him a chance to turn me away. I chose the former option because I didn't want to be more rude than I already was.

"I don't want to talk to her, Eileen," Ian shouted.

"Too bad," I said.

I heard his feet padding across the floor. He looked extremely ornery and was still in his pajamas. His hair was a mess, and he looked like death. Thankfully, though, he didn't smell bad. "What do you want, Charlotte?"

"I have to talk to you about something."

"This better be important," he grumbled.

"I talked to Emma yesterday."

"So? Don't you talk every day?"

I punched his arm. "She told me about you, Ian."

"What did she say? Oh, wait. Let me guess. 'He's an inconsiderate douchebag that only cares about satisfying his penis.' Am I right?"

"Actually, no. I said that."

"Oh."

"She's the girl in the picture, isn't she?"