One-Shot Competition Results + Winning Entry

Angela and I have read 79 entries, which is incredible. We've decided to have two more honorable mentions. They were all a joy to read and some of the entries were definitely unique. Enough with my rambling though, because I'm sure you're only reading this because you want to know who the winner is. 

In fifth place, the Beckett Award goes to Samsam_Maynard with Holding On. I really loved the quotes at the beginning of your piece, and the scene with Luke was hilarious. Your idea was cliché, but you executed it phenomenally. Your emotions were great and the beginning of it reminded me of my own writing style. Thank you. 

In fourth place, the Alec Award goes to Veronica_Herondale with One Shot: TLVS. This was one of the most poetic one-shots out there. I'm usually not a huge fan of repetition, but you used it nicely in your piece. Thank you. 

In third place, the Ian Award goes to belle-rose with The Last Virgin Standing ~ Alternative Ending. This was probably the most hilarious one-shot I've ever read. Your characterization (especially Mr. Summers with his obsession with Alec) was great. This was a joy to read. Thank you.  

In second place, the Luke Award goes to Keller376 with Letting Go. Your writing style is very poetic and your sentences flowed smoothly. This scene was extremely realistic to the story yet still made our feelings go out of whack (the feels, man). I really enjoyed your flashbacks and found Charlotte's characterization to be spot-on. Thank you. 

In first place, the Tyler Award goes to The_Fallen_Rose with The Last Virgin Standing One-Shot. You had a perfect score from the judges, and after we read your piece, we knew that you were probably going to win first place. It was so emotional and beautifully written (I teared up). It had both humorous elements, but it really showed Charlotte's emotions in such a beautiful manner. This is literally perfection. I could go on and on about how this made me feel, but I won't. Thank you.  

Without furthur ado, the winning one-shot. (Be sure to listen to the song if you can.) I recommend reading this on her account (in the external link) because this may have typing errors (I'm terrible at spotting mistakes) and because there are more songs to listen to.  

.01 - Calling 

ღღღ 

And the Crappiest Funeral Speech Award goes to none other than the sucktastic Charlotte Summers!  

For someone who was his best friend, I had an awfully small amount to say.  

One after another people went up to say their speeches about Luke. They were all the same. The adults either talked about how funny he was or how he was such a kind boy. The students either talked about how good of a friend he was or how amazing the sex was. Okay, so maybe they didn't talk about that last one but some of his other female friends looked pretty darn close to doing so. 

During Laurel's speech, she happened to glance over and give me a small smile, her eyes shining with grief and pity. Honestly, I wanted to rip that smile off her face and shove it down her throat. Were my urges to do such violent actions justified? Probably - I just lost my best friend! Was I overreacting? Definitely. Laurel was too sweet to anything mocking. Especially during a time like this.  

I tried conjuring tears as I threw in my share of dirt on top of Luke's casket but I couldn't. My body, my mind, were too numb to process anything. My best friend was honestly gone. Tomorrow, I wouldn't wake up to my daily walks with Luke and Tinkerbell. I wouldn't watch 50 First Dates with him one last time. I wouldn't be able to spit Italian brownies in his face. My best friend was really gone. His dead body in the casket was proof for that.