-chapter four-

lauren's pov

"I'm sorry, when did you say your brother was coming home?" The anchor asks again.

I smile. "Uh, in about a mon-"

Hearing the sound of a door opening just as I'm finishing my sentence, I look behind the camera to see...

"JOHNNY!"

My eyes open so wide, I think my eyeballs fell out of their sockets. It's actually him. I can't move. The feeling is overpowering me, and I can do nothing but put my head down and start bawling. My brother is here. My brother is home.

I feel strong arms going around me, and Johnny's familiar scent reaches me. I hug him tightly.

"You're here. You're actually here." I keep repeating it over and over again. Finally, I look up at my brother. He looks the same. "Is this actually you?"

Everyone else in the room laughs, and I look at my parents.

"Did you guys do this??" They laugh.

"It was Johnny, actually."

Hugging Johnny as tightly as I can, I bury my face into his shoulder. "I missed you," I whisper.

"Me too." I look up to see tears in Johnny's eyes as well.

Straightening up, I smile at the camera. "Sorry, I look like a hot mess now."

"You don't!" Says Kenzie, reminding me that she's there.

"Oh, Johnny," I say, grabbing his arm. "This is Mackenzie, aka my best friend. You can finally meet her in real life."

Her face goes slightly pink, and she looks at Johnny. Then they both laugh.

"Actually, we informally met, cuz we literally ran into each other. But," Johnny adds, "It's nice to formally meet you for the first time." He grins at Kenzie, and they shake hands.

My eyes go wide. "Ohhhh! That's why you looked so suspicious when Kayla," I motion to the TV anchor, "asked if you had ever met Johnny. I was like, 'does she have a crush on him or something?'"

Kenzie's face goes pink, as does Johnny's.

"Oh, no." She giggles.

Raising my eyebrows at them, I tease, "But you guys would be cute together."

The rest of the room laughs again. Then Kayla says, "Let's wrap up this interview with Johnny, and then we'll give you some time to catch up and all."

We nod, and all sit down on the couch and finish the interview.

Finally, it's over, and the TV crew packs up and leaves.

"I still can't believe you're here." I say, staring at Johnny.

"We know," Kenzie laughs, "You've said that many times already."

"But I can't!" I insist. "Anyways, tell me again, how did you guys bump into each other?"

They look at each other and laugh. "I was running down the hall cuz I was going to be late. Remember I left my water bottle upstairs?" Kenzie explains, and I nod.

"So I came out of the room, right as she crashed right into me." Continues Johnny.

Kenzie laughs. "I didn't know it was Johnny, so I just pushed past him and kept running. And then he's like, 'Wait, are you Mackenzie?' and I'm like, 'uhh, yeah...', and he says, 'oh, I'm Lauren's brother.' I think I almost fainted."

"Who did you think I was? A random dude in army outfit?"

Giggling, Kenzie replies, "I don't know...I guess I thought he was an actor or something. When I told me he was Lauren's sister, I was like, 'oh, that explains his good looks."

"KENZIE!" I all but scream, laughing. Johnny blushes slightly. 

"Aaanyways," I look at my mom and dad, "I'm hungry. Can we get something to eat?"

°°°°°°°

Our producers let me get off from shooting early today so I could have some time to catch up with Johnny.

I throw myself on to the couch next to Johnny.

"Hi."

He looks over at me. "Hey."

"Tell me about the army. What was it like?"

Leaning back and kicking up his feet onto the coffee table, he says, "Great. I miss it already."

I make a pouting face at him. "But what about me?"

Johnny rolls his eyes. "Yup, you're still the same you." He pauses, and then asks, "Are you still ticklish?"

"Nope," I lie, scooting farther away from him.

"Mhmm."

"Yeah, anyways...how are-" I'm cut off as Johnny starts tickling me. I squeal in protest, but he doesn't stop.

My saving grace is the doorbell, and he finally stops to get the door.

johnny's pov

The doorbell rings, luckily for Lauren, and I hop up to get it. It's Mackenzie.

"Hey, Mackenzie!" I say, grinning, and she smiles back.

"Hiii. Kenzie is fine, too, by the way."

"Oh, ok, Kenzie. Come in." I pull open the door wider, and she comes in.

Lauren gets up off the couch like lightning as soon as she sees Mackenzie. Get yourself a best friend who has that effect on you...

"Hi Kenzie! What's up?"

Mackenzie laughs at Lauren's touseled hair.

"What happened to you?"

"Oh." Running her fingers through her hair, Lauren shoots me a glare. "Johnny was just tickling me."

"Yeah," Mackenzie laughs, "You're really ticklish."

A devilish thought crosses my mind. "Are you ticklish?"

Her eyes widen. "No! Definitely not."

"Oh, really, that's what Lauren said," I tease, and Kenzie runs away, hiding behind the couch. I chase after her, laughing, and she hits me with a pillow when I come closer.

"Do not try to tickle me," she warns, giggling as she hits me again with the pillow.

"I can't make any promises, but okay...hey, how about Kenzie, I call you Mackensis? Like sis...sister...you know?"

She laughs, an adorable laugh. "Sure, that works. And can I just call you John? Johnny is too long."

Lauren rolls her eyes. "Wow, you're so lazy. And you both are already on a nickname basis? I can tell you guys are going to be best friends. Or more than friends..." She shoots us both a devilish grin.

Scrunching up her nose, Kenzie protests, "LAUREN!!"

I just laugh.

-
-
-
-
-
A/N: sorry there hasn't been too much Jenzie so far, just a lot of Jauren and Lenzie 😂 I promise it'll come :)