Chapter 4

A/N Just updated this and sorry if this took a long time. Pretty sure it did take a long time.

Cassie's POV:

Sodapop hold me tightly against his chest then took a deep breath.

"Cassie, Greasers are people who are like me and the gang. We don't have a lot of money. And people who dress nice are the socs, they're the rich kids. They like to jump us greasers for fun," Sodapop said.

Why would anyone do that?

It's just terrible. Sodapop must have seen the worried look on my face.

"Don't worry Cassie me and the gang will protect you from the socs no matter what," Sodapop held me closer for comfort.

"Okay. I'll unpack later," I didn't want to unpack since Sodapop can see my demon blade and take it away.

Sodapop stood up and set me on his side.

"Okay so you want something to eat? You must be starving," Sodapop asked me.

I nodded my head.

Sodapop carried me downstairs into the kitchen.

The house doesn't look really big.

He sat me on the counter and opened the fridge.

The kitchen looks really old and there were a lot of cracks in the walls.
Above the stove was a small fish on a plaque and there were pots and pans everywhere.

It looks like no one really cleans around this house.

Sodapop got out an entire chocolate cake! I love choclate and cake.

I don't eat cake a lot because daddy likes pie better.

So whenever I get the chance to eat cake, I take it.

"Cassie, you like chocolate--"

"Yes!" I shouted before Sodapop could even finish talking.

Sodapop sliced me a piece then handed it to me.

No forks or plates, only my hands?

Good thing I prefer eating with my hands than with a fork but Daddy and Papa don't like it when I eat with my hands.

They say it's too messy but I like being messy.

I happily ate my slice of chocolate cake when Two-bit came in to the kitchen.