Chapter 2#

Blue's p.o.v

The cool breeze hit my face when I stepped outside. It was kinda cold but I didn't feel like turning back to get my jacket. I brought my bag with me that contained my phone and a book just in case I found a good spot to read. I started to walk on the side walk passing by the houses, they all looked similar to my house.

I saw there was a cute little playground a few streets down so I started to make my way to the park. There were a few kids playing what looked like soccer or they might've just been kicking the ball around.

When I started getting closer to the playground, I noticed there was a red line marking across the whole street in what I thought was spray paint. It even went across the side walk.

Then I noticed how the kids stayed on the other side of the red line stopping the ball whenever it would get close to the line.

I desperately wanted to ask one of the little kids about it but I guess I would figure it out. I looked down, the ball was at my feet. One of the kids had accidentally kicked it to me.

I kicked it back to a kid who was the closest to the goal so he could score. I started to walk away still wanting to go to the playground when, "Hey! Red head!" A little boy called he looked about 11. "Do you wanna play?"

I looked at him hesitantly "Maybe next time, I'm gonna go check out the playground. Do you guys wanna come?" I asked. All the kid stopped and looked at me with wide eyes.

"Were not aloud to cross the line." A little girl remarked gesturing to the red line a few yards away.

"Why?" I asked but got no response from the kids.

"Well I'm going to go check it out." I started walking torwards the line confidently.

"Lady your crazy!" Another kid shouted "I've been told!" I yelled back still heading torwards the red line.

Finally I had made it to the line.

I didn't know what I expected to happen when my foot went over the line. Maybe a gush of wind or maybe I had expected somebody to all of the sudden come at me with an axe and kill me.

I stayed on the side walk. The houses were alot different over here, they were smaller and more.... How should I say..... Ghetto. I walked to the old playground, it was really old as if it hasn't been played with in years. There was a slide and monkey bars but what caught my eyes was the swing set.

I went over the swing set sitting down. I wonderd if it would be able to hold my weight, it did. I swung back and forth slightly. I was barely able to feel the dirt underneath my feet. I decided it would be a good time to whip out my book, it was so quiet it was kinda weird. I pulled out The perks of being a wallflower. I had already read it five times but it was my all time favorite.

Zayn's p.o.v

"Did he give us our money?" I asked Niall who I put in charge of getting money back from one of our clients.

"Yup, he gave it to us in full." He perked up, he pulled out a pack of cigarettes and offered me one. I gladly took it taking out my lighter. Niall, Liam, and I were walking through the streets of our dangerous neighborhood. Well not for us of course, we were what made the neighborhood dangerous I sighed laughing to myself. It was us and the rest of my gang and of course all the other gangs but they didn't stand a chance against us.

No one was usually outside. So it was quiet except the usual urban noises a police siren here and there, the sound of screams, heavy footsteps running away.

"Hey look over there." Liam pointed insisting we look. He pointed over to the old playground, it took me seconds to find a ginger sitting on the swing. Her face was hidden deep inside of a book she seemed to be really into. Her hair was a bright copper red.

I was used to seeing girls with their hair dyed unnatural colors but her's somehow stood out and it didn't help that it was really curly which made it stand out even more.

I started to walk in her direction silently. Liam and Niall stayed behind because they knew I wanted her. I don't think it would've matterd if I was stomping my feet as loud as I could because she was so into her book not taking her eyes off the pages for a second.

I guess I got excited to see her face because I started walking faster until I stood right infront of her.