Chapter 6#

Blue's p.o.v

"Mrs. Franco," My face shot up, Zayn put my hand down still holding it tight he wouldn't give it back no matter how hard I tugged. "Can you please tell the class your opinion on the distopic community in The Giver?" Asked Mr.Duffy obviously wanting to make sure I was paying attention even though I wasn't.

I cleared my throat somehow Zayn's hand made me relax he gave it a small reassuring squeezee.

**********************************

"The utopia itself I believe is irrelevant, and it's own amercement in a way. I am exceptionally contrary to it by the means it is distributed to the adolescents at such an early year when they are the uttermost top of their influential level and have no say what so ever against society ." I explained pushing my glasses back.

I could be a nerd sometimes.....

I shouldn't have said that the whole class was going to know I was smart I was suppose to be the blonde popular type. This was going to ruin everything.

"That's a very congenial statement you have just made Ms.Franco, but how can you say such things about a society that was constructed to be perfect?" Mr. Duffy countered walking closer towards me. I pulled my hand from Zayn clamping it against the bottom of the seat steadying myself.

Shut up, be dumb don't say any thing. Tell him you don't know the answer.

"I would hardly call the utopia perfect. There are flaws in the theory itself. In the book accidents take place frequently throughout the whole novel, therefore it is not perfect and should not be considered an utopia."

"Well would you consider it a dystopia?"He asked intrigued.

"No because dystopia leads to the image of poverty, disease, and oppression. Nothing even close happened to that in the novel, but it still should not be considered a utopia." He started walking closer until he was standing right in front of me his beauty unbelievably noticeable but I paid no attention, I was way to into the debate.

"I see your standards for the word perfect are quite high, why is that?" He asked the whole class was starring at us by now.

"Perfect is perfect Mr. Duffy; It is the ideal image, flawless without any defects. I see how the word is thrown around so nonchalantly and the true meaning has gradually lessened from it's true form."

"What do you think led the utopia in The Giver to imperfection?"

"Someone will always want to take the the path less traveled." I said finally, I was done with the argument and decided to put it to rest.

"Thank you Ms.Franco for that explanation to the class." He smiled tapping on my desk lightly before turning back to his desk. I let out a sigh everyone was still staring at me, people were astonished while the girls in the front glared at me for stealing their beloved's attention.

Zayn leaned forward in his seat,"That was extremely hot." He breathed down my neck soothingly. I could hear his steady breaths unlike mine that were all over the place, I just wanted this class to be over by now.

Mr.Franco continued to talk until five minutes before the bell rang. I grabbed my stuff ready to go. I still had the idea of going to the library stuck in my head, Zayn plucked up my schedule from the top of my stack of books examining it. His careful eyes scanned over the print.

"We don't have last period together."He muttered bitterly handing me back the paper. He looked at me for a reaction but I kept my face straight.

"Blue it was sick how you all of a sudden went bad ass on Duffy."Commented Niall nudging my elbow. I laughed nervously, I heard he had an Irish accent too.