Chapter 2- The Forest of Forever Fall

(Jacks P.O.V)

Paul and I are on the bullhead, flying to The Forest of Forever Fall. 

Jack: Oz told us that something is happening to the Grimm, and it almost seems like they're following someone's orders, right? That person would have to be extremely powerful, right?

Paul: Controlling Grimm is no easy task to perform. They're their own creatures, no aura, but their own will power. They do things their way, kill without remorse, and without regret. So, yes, someone would have to be very powerful to control them, they would need a lot of influence. 

Jack: Yeah. So what are we walking into? 

Paul: Nothing good. But together we can handle it. 

Jack: You said that whoever this is has to be powerful. How can we be sure that the two of us will be enough? 

Paul: Look. We don't. But if we don't win together, we die together. 

Jack: Yeah. I'm with you. 

We land in the Forest of Forever Fall, stepping out of the bullhead into the forest, taking in its beauty. 

Jack: This place is beautiful. 

Paul: Kind of like your girlfriend from a couple years ago?

I look down.

Paul: You said I could mention her.

Jack: I know I did. But that isn't gonna stop the memories from coming back. Hailey is beautiful. She was gone too soon. 

Paul: Way too soon. 

Jack: Lets just get back to the mission.

Paul: Right. 

The two of us start walking through the forest, red leaves falling from the trees around us. 

Jack: She would've loved this place. 

Paul: Alright, little brother, where should we start looking? 

Jack: I don't know. I don't see a hint of anything suspicious here. It's just as untouched as it always is. 

Paul: I'm right there with you. There's no way of knowing where to start. I don't even see any Grimm. 

Jack: Oz wouldn't send us here if he thought it was truly nothing. We just have to find what he's talking about. 

Paul and I keep walking through the forest, red leaves still falling around us, when I spot a cave. 

Jack: Hey, Paul. 

I grab his shoulder, nodding toward the cave. 

Jack: Think something could be in there?

Paul: There's nothing anywhere else. That's our best shot. Let's go check it out.

We walk to the entrance of the cave, and I look down, seeing some dirt out of place.

Jack: Paul. Look. 

I point down to it, and Paul follows my finger.

Paul: Good eye, little bro. There is someone, or something, here. Let's proceed cautiously. 

Walking through the cave very slowly, getting deeper and deeper into it, we start hearing the faint sound of voices. 

Paul: Stay quiet. 

I nod at his words, proceeding deeper into the cave, until we notice a clearing in the cave up ahead, with tents with the White Fang symbol on the side of them, and White Fang members walking around.